Toronto BMO Field Renovations | ?m | ?s | MLSE | Gensler

Very true. I think a good test for London would be to do multiple games a year (2 or 3) and see if the "novelty" factor wears off, or if it continues to draw well. The Bills series started out very well, but then by the end of it they practically had to give away tickets to fill the place.

3 this year for London.

And the Jags are playing a game a year in London for the next few years. I think it's because their owner also owns EPL team Fulham who are situated in London

Interesting. I wasn't aware of that. That definitely seems like more than a showcase then. We'll see in a few years if the crowd numbers are still there.

i think it takes it well into the test category (if I understand your test/showcase properly)

i think it takes it well into the test category (if I understand your test/showcase properly)

I think it definitely does too. I wasn't aware that they were doing multiple games in a season like that, I thought it was a once-a-year type of deal. The fact that it's returning with such frequency and it's constantly in one place (as opposed to the NHL who did games in London, Stockholm, Berlin, etc), definitely puts it into the test category.

I think it definitely does too. I wasn't aware that they were doing multiple games in a season like that, I thought it was a once-a-year type of deal. The fact that it's returning with such frequency and it's constantly in one place (as opposed to the NHL who did games in London, Stockholm, Berlin, etc), definitely puts it into the test category.

The English FA (who built and operate Wembley at a cost of about 1 billion pounds) really want this to happen....they would love the rent from an NFL team.

The City has approved, both, the expansion and the $10 million loan....I guess MLSE has to now convince the Province and the Feds to contribute their $10 mil each or decided to go forward without those monies.

The City has approved, both, the expansion and the $10 million loan....I guess MLSE has to now convince the Province and the Feds to contribute their $10 mil each or decided to go forward without those monies.

Council voted 39-3. Voting against Mayor Rob Ford, Councillors Doug Ford and Mike Del Grande. Waiting for Rob Ford to ask for a re-vote.

BMO_Field_TO_Skyline.jpg

From Yesterday

Attachments

• BMO_Field_TO_Skyline.jpg
    BMO_Field_TO_Skyline.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 1,101
Those damn bugs were killing me yesterday...can't see a roof helping that but it will certainly cut down the wind which is long overdo.

That photo just reminded me of a very unfortunate result of the proposed expansion; loss of that view :( Definitely worth it, IMO, but I'm still going to miss it.

It is a nice view of the city indeed. Not a view I've ever witnessed in person though because my friend with season tickets sits in those seats in the pic.

It is a nice view of the city indeed. Not a view I've ever witnessed in person though because my friend with season tickets sits in those seats in the pic.

I sit below west side but the lower level...view is good from where I sit but seems better from what I am guessing is either 225 or 224? Either way, yes it gets sacrificed for a bigger stadium.

Always loved the view of the Cn Tower and buildings at BMO field. A big reason I like it more than the Skydome as the ability to see a skyline while at the Dome even if it's open it kind of feels like you're in a garage.

As for NFL Toronto, I always thought NFL would be a good fit in Toronto. Way better currently than NBA or MLB who seems to be most fascinated in being focus on only the top 6 american markets (Ny, La, Boston etc) and making the rest of the league an afterthought (including Toronto). The MLB/NBA is much more regional in nature so having people watch in NY and LA is big for them.

The NFL is so different, they are the brand. They don't care if it NY or LA or smaller market like Baltimore or Seattle because of how the league is structured the brand is more important than the city.(North) America watches because of the betting, fantasy league, short season and every game counts even your division rivals. So the interest is for the league and not just for a team. A Toronto team would get focus because it's part of the brand. If you don't believe me, compare a smaller market team from lets say Wisconsin in the NFL national exposure compared to the NBA/MLB Wisconsin based team. You can say the same thing for the Baltimore and Seattle. The NFL promotes everybody not just the top six power cities.

Back