Ward 18 - Tor & E.York District

►View All Properties

10 lots

Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---

Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Subdivision Approval 17 237276 STE 18 SB Sep 22, 2017 Application Received
OPA & Rezoning 17 237256 STE 18 OZ Sep 22, 2017 Application Received

lol, I like how this is for the whole block (includes 1141 Bloor St W and 980 Dufferin St), but it is filed under the most vague address.

upload_2017-9-25_9-48-57.png

upload_2017-9-25_9-50-3.png

upload_2017-9-25_9-51-47.png

upload_2017-9-25_9-53-5.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-25_9-48-57.png
    upload_2017-9-25_9-48-57.png
    701.1 KB · Views: 626
  • upload_2017-9-25_9-50-3.png
    upload_2017-9-25_9-50-3.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 684
  • upload_2017-9-25_9-51-47.png
    upload_2017-9-25_9-51-47.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 587
  • upload_2017-9-25_9-53-5.png
    upload_2017-9-25_9-53-5.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 618
As there are no property lines on the Toronto map between he properties, it makes me wonder if the legal address is the Croatia Street one, and the Bloor and Dufferin ones are only considered 'convenience addresses'. That might explain the choice of listing.

As there are no property lines on the Toronto map between he properties, it makes me wonder if the legal address is the Croatia Street one, and the Bloor and Dufferin ones are only considered 'convenience addresses'. That might explain the choice of listing.

It is a single parcel of land, so needs to be severed for this development. I believe this gives the city some leverage in this whole process.

That's giving the developer the benefit of the doubt, IMO.

Every property in the city has a legal address, not every property is large enough to need convenience addresses. I don't think I'm giving the developer the benefit of the doubt by suggesting that maybe the Croatia Street one is the legal address in this case, just trying to suggest a possibility for why it has appeared that way. Capital Developments and Metropia went out to the public to talk about shaping the proposal here long before they submitted, so I don't think there's any reason to believe that they are trying to sneak something in now. Ultimately, the address that shows up on the City's website would be based on whatever the Planning Department staff inputting the info chooses, so either they go with the legal address, or maybe they've just chosen one of the options randomly.

Every property in the city has a legal address, not every property is large enough to need convenience addresses. I don't think I'm giving the developer the benefit of the doubt by suggesting that maybe the Croatia Street one is the legal address in this case, just trying to suggest a possibility for why it has appeared that way. Capital Developments and Metropia went out to the public to talk about shaping the proposal here long before they submitted, so I don't think there's any reason to believe that they are trying to sneak something in now. Ultimately, the address that shows up on the City's website would be based on whatever the Planning Department staff inputting the info chooses, so either they go with the legal address, or maybe they've just chosen one of the options randomly.

Well at least if you search one of the other addresses in the Application database, it is smart enough to bring it up.

description has been updated:

Draft Plan of Subdivision (10 lots) to facilitate a mixed-use redevelopment of the site: 147,512 square metres of res. GFA (2,219 dwelling units); 15,780 square metres of retail/commercial uses; 4,900 square metres of office uses; 2,815 square metres of existing floor area within the Kent Senior Public School, which will be renovated as a community hub.

WOW. That's almost 3 times as many units as the Honest Ed's redevelopment. I also like the commitment to office space separate from the commercial space.

. I also like the commitment to office space separate from the commercial space.
I think 50.000 sq. ft of office space is not much in the big picture, most likely small office components over top commercial retail,
Also looks like a lot of residential density here?, many locals will not be happy with the big towers proposed

I think 50.000 sq. ft of office space is not much in the big picture, most likely small office components over top commercial retail,
Also looks like a lot of residential density here?, many locals will not be happy with the big towers proposed

I'm sure you're right, and you can count on this local being there at the meetings to fight in favour of it.

I wish this site got developed at the same time as Dufferin Mall in a holistic and carefully planned way. We all know the mall is a candidate to go eventually, even if it won't be for another decade.

I wish this site got developed at the same time as Dufferin Mall in a holistic and carefully planned way. We all know the mall is a candidate to go eventually, even if it won't be for another decade.

It's pretty remarkable when one considers the scale of change we'll presumably have seen across maybe 10-15 years on three sites very close to each other, between this, the Galleria, and the Duff.

It's pretty remarkable when one considers the scale of change we'll presumably have seen across maybe 10-15 years on three sites very close to each other, between this, the Galleria, and the Duff.
And don't forget the Dundas/ Bloor redevelopment is also in the works. There is lots of stuff going on in this area.

I was curious to compare the Galleria Mall redevelopment project up the street with that of Bloor & Dufferin to put them into perspective - numbers from the application posted above and reimaginegalleria.com:

Bloor & Dufferin: 7.3-acre site, 2219 residential units /147,512 sq. meters, 15,780 sq. meters of commercial space/retail, 4,900 sq. meters of office space, 2,818-sq.-meter community hub.

Galleria: 12-acre site, 3416 residential units / 222,895 sq. meters, 29,712 sq. meters of commercial space, 4,721 sq. meters of office space, 4,721-sq. meter community centre.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back