Toronto Bisha Hotel and Residences | 146.91m | 44s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

Ostentatious! Gaudy! S&M inspired! Love it! But wouldn't buy into it. And as for the SOHO, I find it to be kinda rundown. Le Germain definitely has a lock on the boutique aspect in this city imho.

You're kidding me ..... I find SOHO is one of the best hotels in the city ... I'll take it a step further, one of the best large hotel suites I've ever been to for the price range ...

BishaExteriorStreet1024.jpg

I have confirmed that the tower cladding will be curtainwall, and that the glass will have a very slight gray tint. This will not be a green glass tower.

BishaExteriorStreet1024.jpg

In this render, the vertical tower cladding elements looks like wood rather than red. Having timber would be cool (real or simulated), and ties into the historic brick base.

I thought the renders made it look like simulated wood in spots too... so I asked Mr. Wallman about it. There is no intention to make it look like wood; the words he used to describe the fins were "copper coloured aluminum".

I was somewhat dissapointed in the actual floorplate, you either get a 400 sq ft bachelor or a 580 sq ft unit, thats where they missed out, they should have done 2 rows of 500 sq ft units, this one is more of an end user building. I know real estate but I wanted to share my opinion on what I thought of the floorplate

Your opinion would have had more of an impact if accompanied by the floor plans in question.

I have a feeling this will be the first sacrifice in the 'slowing' condo market. Hope I'm wrong since it's a cute building.

Nothing wrong with 379sqft but there's something wrong with that price ...

Nothing wrong with 379sqft but there's something wrong with that price ...

"Nothing wrong with 379sqft"?!! I was astonished, literally, a few years ago, as i remembered, when U condo debuted its 300 plus sqf studio, so called Urban Design, in Toronto. I believe they pioneered on this...
See how fast our human being can adapt ourselves to the new reality...on the other hand, i have to say to “taal”, shame on you! and myself:)

Last edited:

Back