News   Apr 29, 2024
 154     0 
News   Apr 29, 2024
 343     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.9K     6 

Toronto Bike Share

How many more memberships might Bikeshare sell, if there were any bikes available in this community:

18 docks/stations, 1 lone bike available as at 3:20pm on a Friday.

Opposite issue where I live. Every station is completely full so I have no way to catch a bike home. Tried to do it last week and after checking 8 docking stations ended up having to dock about a kilometre from home.

As at 5:15pm today, Bikeshare Toronto now has 759 docks/stations

Here are some of the new ones:

1701296474596.png

1701296507686.png

This next pair are being billed as the @Towered tease. Closer......but not quite close enough.

1701296552081.png

1701296573521.png

While this one is for @Art Tsai among other midtowners:

1701296689915.png

How many more memberships might Bikeshare sell, if there were any bikes available in this community:

View attachment 522705

18 docks/stations, 1 lone bike available as at 3:20pm on a Friday.
Holy moly. I just looked at the map too. It's a much wider area with 0 bikes than even your map shows. Tons of full stations closer to downtown though.

Not sure how much that just reflects the southbound/downhill commuter flow, or if this is exceptionally bad.
I feel very seen. This is a constant issue to me, especially in the morning hours when depending on a bike to head downtown.

I also noticed on weekends, they don't have anyone coming by and restocking the bikes mid-afternoon like during weekdays. This leads to chronic shortages during the summer weekends. I believe as the network grows, they'll need to hire more staff to restock bikes in these communities, or introduce some sort of rebate program for taking bikes from a full to an empty station or something.

3 more bikeshare stations added to close the week at 762, 18 more to meet this year's goal.

Our first stop is Arlington Parkette, which is just off the n/w corner of Cedarvale Park.

1701469332163.png

Then another one for @Art Tsai

1701469438667.png

Finally one more for the Thorncliffe area:

1701469511429.png

3 more bikeshare stations added to close the week at 762, 18 more to meet this year's goal.

Our first stop is Arlington Parkette, which is just off the n/w corner of Cedarvale Park.

View attachment 524262

Then another one for @Art Tsai

View attachment 524263

Finally one more for the Thorncliffe area:

View attachment 524264

Lmao who thought it be a good idea to have public bike sharing near Costco...so I'm gonna bike home with all my bulk purchases...lol!

Also that area has a lot of huge traffic not suitable for biking!

Lmao who thought it be a good idea to have public bike sharing near Costco...so I'm gonna bike home with all my bulk purchases...lol!

Overlea is getting Cycle tracks, it will be just fine for cycling.

There's a large residential population here and they need to get to work and to the store.

Note that there are a lot of people working at the Costco, not merely shopping there.

It may also be that they might bike to the Costco, but transit or taxi/uber home.

Literally used Bike Share to get there last week...only needed to pick up a prescription though. Glad there's one closer to Costco now since I had to walk from Thorncliffe Park Dr last week!

Also that area has a lot of huge traffic...
I've biked to that Costco from Sunnybrook before with a Bike Share (docked on Thorncliffe), then taken a bus home. I've also done a Costco run with a larger backpack using my personal bike. Naturally, I bought more than intended and had to tie a couple of bags on the outside of my backpack. It *is* doable.

Only two more to finish the week.

Both infill stations near downtown on Palmerston.

1702089310642.png

And just to the south:

1702089335887.png

At peak, were were at 768 stations (one has temporarily disappeared) leaving us at 12 from completely the 2023 goal.

Back