News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 383     0 

Toronto Bike Share

We're on a roll now, if we keep up this pace we might actually get this year's stations in by Christmas!

Two more:

1698265912689.png

1698265988210.png

Now 725 stations total.

Any idea what the holdup was? Waiting for delivery of the station equipment?

Any idea what the holdup was? Waiting for delivery of the station equipment?

I don't know, they're late every single year.

This notwithstanding that their equipment purchase for this year was approved last fall in advance of the capital budget............I have no idea who made that possible, cough.

Still......

I don't know, they're late every single year.

This notwithstanding that their equipment purchase for this year was approved last fall in advance of the capital budget............I have no idea who made that possible, cough.

Still......
Very public spirited of you to front the $$ so the TPA could place their order early! Merci. Hope you were repaid.

I know expanding ourward is important (and not just for @Towered ) but it would be good to get some infill stations. For example, the Laird/Leaside businesses. I would happily go shopping on my way home from work, but there's no where to dock where the shops are.

I know it's coming, and it's so much better than even 2 years ago. But I love how convenient getting the bikes is! I haven't ridden my own in over a year

I know expanding ourward is important (and not just for @Towered ) but it would be good to get some infill stations. For example, the Laird/Leaside businesses. I would happily go shopping on my way home from work, but there's no where to dock where the shops are.

I know it's coming, and it's so much better than even 2 years ago. But I love how convenient getting the bikes is! I haven't ridden my own in over a year

Go here:

engagebikeshareTO.com

In addition to surveys, they have maps up for three areas that allow you to put pins where you would like stations.

I actually put pins today in the area you're suggesting, at the Loblaws at Redway, the Sobeys/Home Depot plaza and the Laird/Eglinton intersection (future station)

I didn't do the Longos, so you might want to add them.

A nice thing is that each pin comes with a comment box and you can explain why that spot would be good for you (or others)

Back