Toronto Beyond The Sea | ?m | 44s | Empire | Richmond Architects

Christies fyi - not going anywhere anytime soon. last conversation i had with councillor grimes, he indicated nope - they are spending millions to stay. we'll see. christies and the food terminal are both ripe for redevelopment.

Glad to hear that Christies is staying, and I hope that both the Food Terminal and Christies are there for a long time to come - they both provide lots of jobs in the area.

That'd be a pretty sucky place for an NFL stadium. Even though it's closer to downtown than the stadiums in most other cities, It's still pretty far by TO standards.

That'd be a pretty sucky place for an NFL stadium. Even though it's closer to downtown than the stadiums in most other cities, It's still pretty far by TO standards.

I think you would need a much bigger floor print than that of Mr.Christies to build an NFL Stadium there. Parking alone needs to be able to accomodate 60thousand....aint gonna happen!

I think you would need a much bigger floor print than that of Mr.Christies to build an NFL Stadium there. Parking alone needs to be able to accomodate 60thousand....aint gonna happen!

Underground garage maybe??

Mr Christie needs to stay.

IMG_sept-02-09-0084.jpg

IMG_sept-02-09-0085.jpg

IMG_sept-02-09-0086.jpg

IMG_sept-02-09-0100.jpg

IMG_sept-02-09-0087.jpg

IMG_sept-02-09-0088.jpg

lotta action going on at this site....thx for the pics, drum!

Great pics, thanks drum :)

Does anyone remember if there is 4 or 3 underground levels for parking?

This should answer your question as noted above by counting
IMG_sept-02-09-0100.jpg

based on drum118's photo ... I'll say there is going to be 4 levels of underground parking (3 built so far ... but notice that it has not reach grade level yet, there's enough room for 1 more parking level)

from today's Daily Commercial News....

CONDOMINIUM APARTMENT BUILDING Proj: 9074804-7

Etobicoke, Metro Toronto Reg ON NEGOTIATED/PLANS COMPLETE

Star Tower - Beyond the Sea, Lakeshore Blvd W, Park Lawn Rd, L8V
$32,000,000 est

Start: December, 2009 Complete: May, 2011

Note: Working drawings are complete. All Trade pricing has been received and is under review. Trade awards have not been determined. Construction is expected to begin late 2009/early 2010. Further update late 2009.
Construction budget has not been released. Tarra Engineering is the Shoring Engineer for this project.

Project: cast-in-place concrete structural frame, fuel fired heating system, various interior finishes; proposed construction of a 342 unit condominium apartment building. Amenities include a lobby area and 24-hour concierge.
Scope: 274,000 square feet; 44 storeys; 4 storeys below grade; 342 units; parking for 381 cars; 43,365 square feet
Development: New
Category: Apartment bldgs

Alright, you knew I’d be asking a question, so here it is…

I am guessing the $32,000,000 est is the construction costs for the Star Tower, how come in a previous article in the DCN (Nov. 14,2008) it mentioned “EI Richmond Architects Ltd. expect to complete the working drawings for the $72 million Star Tower condominium early in 2009�

Why are there two different estimates? Does the $72M includes fixtures, flooring, finishes etc…?

Thanks in Advance!

Back