Toronto Beyond The Sea | ?m | 44s | Empire | Richmond Architects

Crane is on site for phase one, phase two is all dug up. I think/hope they'll start digging pretty soon for the last phase.

Attachments

• IMG_3278.jpg
    IMG_3278.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_3279.jpg
    IMG_3279.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 289
Wow! This must be quite a significant delay. My original closing date (phase2) says Dec of next year. Wonder how far away this is going to push the actual completion date.

Thanks for the update, please keep them coming.

I estimate tacking on one additional year for occupancy to begin @ Beyond the Sea Tower II ...

afterall Tower II is 37s and excavation is still underway

aquadream, welcome to the forum!

Does anyone know if they always advertised free upgrades to SS appliances and granite countertops? Will all three phases have the same quality finishes, or does it change from one building to another or even from one floor to another?

Sorry for the many questions :eek:

I recall that the features were the same across all three towers, but the 'Penthouse' collection had nicer finishings (but granite is standard regardless) ... to confirm refer to the "Schedule A" in your agreement of purchase & sale ~

You must be pretty inept.

Wallmart, Canadian Tire and Home Depot are a short drive, bus or bike ride west down the Queensway, Price Chopper and a number of other retail outlets are available just east of Queensway and Parklawn and there is a bank (unsure of brand) at Parklawn and Lakeshore.

Taken together, there don't seem to be any empires made under your watch.

ditto PE ~ there a huge selection of retail / services available at Queensway + Hwy 427 to suit daily living needs

yes it is approximately 7.6 km from Home Depot to Beyond the Sea Star Tower site, but it isn't really all that far, it is only one Queensway street car ride away :)

Not to mention the giant new plaza with the Sobeys and tons of other stores beside Humber Loop (20 min walk, 10 min bike ride, 3 min drive).

Second crane is up at Beyond the Sea, this one for the South tower.

Compare the prices of those grocery stores in the area (Soby, Value Mart, Rabbi.....with No Frill and Food Basics, they are nearly 50% higher, no wonder people have no savings or scrambling to make ends meet after mortgage payment, property tax, maintainance fee, hydro fee and high grocery bill. I do like to see Food Basics store nearby too. As for the track noise, I guess it can be greatly reduced with the windows closed and the mosquito screen can keep the bugs out. It would be best if the swamp will be sprayed to keep the bugs controlled.

Why is there so much water being drained onto the Legion Road from underground ceaselessly? If the ground is saturated with water seeping in from the Mimico Creek, willl it be strong enough to secure the 26, 37 and 44 storeys buildings? Don't want to live in a Leaning Tower of Etobicoke!

Your first post and its pretty depressing.:rolleyes:

Your first post and its pretty depressing.:rolleyes:

Actually Automation, that is his second post. Here is his first post (some how it disappeared) and I’ll let you be the judge of that. “I was there the other morning during the morning rush hours of 7 to 9 am and during the afternoon rush hours of 5 to 7 pm. Man, the roaring train noise every 10 minutes drove me crazy, people working in other than morning shift and sleep late in the morning surely will be wakened by the track noise and suffer long term health problem. Also thousands of bugs from the swamp was very annoying in the evening. Also I had to drive for miles for food shopping on budget. Walmart, Canadian Tires, Home Depot, Scotia Bank .... are no where in sight in a 6 kilometer radius. What is a nice building doing in such a distressful location? No thanks, I prefer to look for a better new condo at a quieter location somewhere else close to food shopping convenience.”

empiremaker: This area is full of bugs and noise from roaring trains that go by every 10 minutes. There are no Food Basics & No Frills nearby. There might be some structural issues with the towers due to the seeping water from Mimico Creek. I gather these are your concerns so far? May I suggest you look for another development that fits your criteria better!!! ;)

Last edited:
Update: Phase 3 - Star Tower

My wife and I just received a letter from Empire regarding Star Tower.

"...In accordance with your Agreement of Purchase and sale, we are writing to advise you that we are extending the economic viability date.......Please be advised that the vendor does herby extend this aforementioned Condition for a period of Six Months, to June 30, 2009…"

I can see them possibly extending another six months when June 30th comes around, the agreement calls for a maximum of two extensions up to six months each.

Any thoughts...

Well, just as I thought... I received a letter today informing us of another six months extension, December 30,2009.

Here are some of the contents of the letter " We are please to report at this time that the Official Plan and Zoning Amendments necessary to permit us to construct this project were approved by the City Council earlier this spring. We continue to pursue additional approvals with the City which are presently under review by the city staff and we hope to have these approvals sometime this fall. Given the foregoing, we hope to be in a position to advise you of a construction start date before the end of the year......"

Back