Toronto Bay Adelaide Centre | 217.92m | 51s | Brookfield | KPMB

Application: Demolition Folder (DM) Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5C 1X3

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 12 290797 DEM 00 DM Accepted Date: Dec 7, 2012

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Demolition

Description: Proposal to demolish existing 4 storey multi use, commercial building. Future development under the address of 40 Adelaide St W (43 storey office and podium - Part of the Bay Adelaide complex) Convenience address is 2 Adelaide St W.

No thank you.
aed15c654b7490f10bf2503227ef.jpg

Attachments

• aed15c654b7490f10bf2503227ef.jpg
    aed15c654b7490f10bf2503227ef.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 549
they will be restoring the building beside it to its original condition in replacement, which looks extremely similar to that. we lose one and then we gain one.

I'm not happy at all to see 118 Yonge demolished.

I'm not happy at all to see 118 Yonge demolished.

I don't think they're just demolishing it. As I mentioned a few pages back, if you look at the pdf, although difficult to see due to the quality, it looks like they are taking 118 Yonge, disassembling it, and mirroring it so as to replace 132 Yonge. So the side currently facing Adelaide will now be facing Temperance. If you look at the second and third pages in the pdf, you can somewhat see it.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5H 4E3

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 12 296750 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Dec 20, 2012

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Multiple Projects

Description: Proposal to construct a 44 sty office addition (including a new 7 sty podium)+ mech penhouse addition over existing 4 level below grade parking garage and 1 concourse level, and selective interior work on existing commercial building at 132 Yonge St. Future address - 22 Adelaide St W. BAY AELAIDE EAST TOWER.

Found these two renderings from Brookfield Multiplex's website:

bace2.png

bace1.png

Last edited:
So is it going to front onto Yonge Street or no? I'm still a bit confused about this next phase of BAC.

The podium will.

Knowing that, the last rendering posted makes more sense now. Thanks!

I'm curious to see what they're going to do with the historic buildings along Adelaide and Yonge at the moment. I guess this also means the Additionelle store will be torn down. I'm always curious about what is above the store in that building since it's always steaming immensely out its top and it's clear that only the main floor is useable space.

EDIT: I realize there's a staff report, it's just a crappy photocopy and as a result, a bit hard to make sense of. ;)

Last edited:

Back