Toronto Bay Adelaide Centre | 217.92m | 51s | Brookfield | KPMB

March 3
8528635696_d1f96d5c85_b.jpg

The commercial real estate agents have great charts showing which floors of which buildings are occupied by which firms. Some of the firms, of course, will never move from where they are now.

It's a shame they had to block a lane on Adelaide for the construction. Hopefully after the older building is taken apart they can reopen it during construction. Adelaide was finally functional after years of being a parking lot during the construction of BACW, Trump and BMO. They have all of Temperance to use as a staging area. Does anyone know how much the city charges developers to remove a lane from streets? It should really be a last resort solution if you ask me.

Is the foundation for this tower already built or are they going to have to dig?

Can anyone answer this question? I know they had to demolish the existing parking structure for BAC but will they have to do the same thing for this building?

I thought that they had prepped most of the foundation for BAC 2 when they rejigged things for BAC 1. As far as I know, they aren't demo'ing back to bedrock and starting again. Then again, I could be completely wrong.

Perhaps the design and mass of Tower 2 are based on the engineering limits incorporated into the foundation for the previous Bay-Adelaide Centre proposals so many years ago.. You'd think they would want to develop the site beginning at ground level in order to save all that cost and time. Then again, who knows?

Can anyone answer this question? I know they had to demolish the existing parking structure for BAC but will they have to do the same thing for this building?

I don't think they touched much of the parking for BAC1. Most of the underground work took place along Bay, where the two older buildings were taken down. The current parking garage did not extend that far west previously. Most of BA East is being built on the existing garage. They may dig down at Yonge and Adelaide where again older buildings not above the garage are coming down.

Back