Toronto Bathurst Quay Revitalization | ?m | 2s | City of Toronto | Kearns Mancini

The real star of Nuit Blanche!

IMG_9803.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes, the silos were fantastic and the Park excellent. I am not sure if the City turned off the lighting on Bathurst Quay (beside silos) for the night but it was VERY dark there and I hope nobody tripped. I saw lots of people navigating with phone lights.
Yeah, that was weird. But that may have been not to distract from the projection that was going on there at the time. Someone should check to see if the lighting will be turned on now that the festivities have all packed up and gone.

Just a few shots from Friday:

IMG_6930.jpeg
IMG_6936.jpeg
IMG_6948.jpeg
IMG_6951.jpeg
IMG_6969.jpeg

Kudos to @bowen and all the other people involved in the restoration and revitalization of this once derelict structure! I hope the silos will be lit every night (not just for special events or on weekends) and the projection will be 'screened' more than once or twice a year.

Excuse me if this has been answered (I do review the forums), but is there a plan to project images onto the silos outside of special events? Even having a still image such as the one below without a whole production would be amazing.

1728336574105.png

Last edited:
Looks amazing! Great job everyone involved.

A question that many have been answered in the previous 1k posts, how does the finished product interface with the dockwall in front of the airport terminal?
@bowen will be able to give a definitive response but I think the dock wall and the ferry slip at the Terminal is definitely the property of Ports Toronto. The quay/dock wall further west (past the terminal and the ferry slip) is thought to be City property but ownership was (and may still be) in dispute - when the Feds created the Harbour Commission (now Ports Toronto) the details of who got what were very unclear - but I understand the City wants to fix it up too - it is in pretty good shape but there are a few pot-holes and it needs to be 'tidied up'.

There's a Front Page story on the revitalization and it's a good one, lots of pics, and discussion from the Park's design team:

Sharing some images from Bathurst Quay Common’s opening ceremony (first 7 photos in this batch courtesy of Ron Jenkins), plus some shots from me of Nuit Blanche crowds the following night and a few of the park from over the last few days (this and second post).

We’ve been delighted with the response so far. On behalf of our entire project team, thank you to everyone who has followed this project’s progress, and for reaching out with such generous feedback. There is already a lot of interest in programming this space (some really great ideas in the works), and it will only get better as the Corleck and OCAD uses establish themselves here.

Lastly, watch for the opening next month of BQC’s mid-block connection through the silo ‘portal’ to/from Portland Slip, and the programming of the silo lights with custom colour combinations (they are still in the manufacturer's pre-set demo mode while we finish lighting installation on the east and north side of the silos).

IMG_1200.jpeg
IMG_1199.jpeg
IMG_1202.jpeg
IMG_1203.jpeg
IMG_1201.jpeg
IMG_1204.jpeg
IMG_1198.jpeg
IMG_1111.jpeg
IMG_1109.jpeg
IMG_1106.jpeg
IMG_1068.jpeg
IMG_1070.jpeg