Toronto Backstage On The Esplanade | 116.73m | 36s | Cityzen | P + S / IBI

Yes I do realize that it is a rendering, but at least there is hope that it could be good.
I really don't want to ruin your view of the world but one gets cynical around here when one sees renderings and then the final product so often differ in SO many ways. Let's hope the rendering and the building are the same in this case :->

Pics taken May 10, 2014

4MHpGwc.jpg

gxSkXNc.jpg

0CSwVJl.jpg

It's good to see the density developing beside 25 The Esplanade: the more urban the context, the more better it looks. That said, it remains to be seen what the view from the GO Bus Terminal (or any points west) will look like. Here's hoping that Backstage takes enough of a back seat to permit good views of 25's flat iron face to persist.

That's a damn shame that the view of the flatiron will be all but gone after this is up... I like this building, it should be viewed like other flatirons are.

That's a damn shame that the view of the flatiron will be all but gone after this is up... I like this building, it should be viewed like other flatirons are.

Not gone… but definitely restricted. Backstage was pulled back so that the view would still work from across Yonge Street.

Back