Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

I think it really is turning out to be the La-Zed-Boy of Toronto architecture.

cellphone_zps5c29539d.jpg

They are taking their time filling in that corner, which I imagine will be a cube video screen, for advertising.

They are probably taking their time because bylaws don't support video screens at this section of Yonge Street. The bylaws that allow for the big billboards/video screens and Dundas square type of energy ends on the south side of Gerrard and goes to the north side of Queen.

They're currently working on the 57th level (58th floor). The Eastern curve is on the 58th level (59th floor), so not long to wait now.

Not that its ever particularly pleasing but the north profile has to be its worst. Those cheap vertical strips are noticeably bad even from quite a distance away.

They are probably taking their time because bylaws don't support video screens at this section of Yonge Street. The bylaws that allow for the big billboards/video screens and Dundas square type of energy ends on the south side of Gerrard and goes to the north side of Queen.

I think they would already have approval for whatever they are planning here.

Today

Much like trump, this building isn't half bad, its just the inconsistent floor heights that kill it for me. But I think with the addition of the curved portion, this building will be better then the bottom half suggests that it will be.

. A Share
Flying In And Over Toronto this morning from Nework NJ From Vacation.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 585
Last edited:

Back