Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

It would be cool if this site had interactive embedded polls in the homepage. I would be interested to see what the actual spread of opinions is for this building (at least among ut users). I am starting to think this building is the new "trump" in that a majority of people seem to not like it.

This debate is almost exactly like the Trump debate. Tiring to say the least. By next year there will be a new building to hate or heaven forbid there is nothing to endlessly complain about next year.

[SUB][/SUB]
Just like hipsters.

Really? Whats wrong with Hipsters? I know some pretty nice people who would be defined as Hipsters who are very fun and very well educated. Nothing lame about that.

Btw, that Chicago tower up there is beautiful. I wish we had something coming in the pipeline that looked like that, tall, dark, and with beautiful glass and setbacks.

[SUB][/SUB]

Really? Whats wrong with Hipsters? I know some pretty nice people who would be defined as Hipsters who are very fun and very well educated. Nothing lame about that.

Btw, that Chicago tower up there is beautiful. I wish we had something coming in the pipeline that looked like that, tall, dark, and with beautiful glass and setbacks.

Don't worry MikeOlivio-Moore, some people on this forum actually dare to compare Toronto Downtown to Chicago's. Even the John Hancock building will make Aura looks like a third world structure.
Fact is, if people are trying to silence us for criticizing Aura, then Toronto will keep growing with horrible tall buildings until our city core is filled up.

Ironically Aura features lame and sterile retail. Whereas Brockton/DuWest (location of that photo) is the place to be for fresh and appealing urban streetscape.

This debate is almost exactly like the Trump debate. Tiring to say the least. By next year there will be a new building to hate or heaven forbid there is nothing to endlessly complain about next year.

Depending on how far along construction is I'm going to predict the new whipping boy will be INDX or 88 Scott (hopefully its not One Bloor).

The only thing that interested in Aura is what will become of the park once it's all said and done.

Last edited:

Depending on how far along construction is I'm going to predict the new whipping boy will be INDX or 88 Scott (hopefully its not One Bloor).

The only thing that interested in Aura is what will become of the park once it's all said and done.

Hahahahahaaa ..... INDX for sure, I still can't believe how that thing got sold that quickly, and who approved it. 88 Scott could be a dark horse if they use office-type quality Glass.
I like the lower cladding, but the top could tend out to be a dissaster, but I hope not because overall I like the design.

Today:

8693839914_4195d3dfa4_b.jpg

They are taking their time filling in that corner, which I imagine will be a cube video screen, for advertising.

Do you mean they should fill in the cube with a screen that would have two displays? I think it's more likely they will place two flat screens there to keep the indentation.

Do you mean they should fill in the cube with a screen that would have two displays? I think it's more likely they will place two flat screens there to keep the indentation.

Yeah, I assumed it would be a big cube, filling in that space, with video screens facing east and south. (and maybe downward too) I think that would fill in the space best. If not, then why even design the space that way? They could have just put up video screens or signs on a normal corner, without the added expense.

I would suspect they would actually put a single curved screen in to give the corner better flow. Or at lest have the two flat screens complete the corner rather then be inserted into it. It makes them easier to see.

Back