Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

and I will never understand following a thread thats regarding a skyscraper they truly dislike. and keep commenting on the fact they don't like it.

I don't understand inane comments like this. It's a thread, people will post both positive and negative critiques of the building.

A solid critique of a design is always interesting to read; people whining because they wish everyone loved Aura (when many people do not) is not interesting to read.

Sorry correction,I meant the same negative comments, from the same people/ person.
I get the positive negative thing on here and other forums as its needed for future studies and assesments. but common. we get u think its underwhelming if even a word. prefer uninteresting my self. but not in regards to this project. nothing but positive here for this great addition to the City of Toronto.

the angles in the front page story are awesome! definitely looks great how the curved portion meets the setback. I was never a fan of the transition as seen in the model, but seeing it in person and from these angles makes me think different.

and awesome render as always Traynor! still in awe at how much is left to go.

I'm confused. If it's on the 52ish floor now, and it's 78? how come the renderings look like it's barely 1/2 complete, when in reality it would be around 2/3 complete? Am I missing something?

The upper portions of the tower will have higher ceilings than the lower portions.

As well, there is a rather sizable crown above the highest floor which throws off the 52-78 numbers game for height reference.

Thanks everyone for the kind words about my rendering and thanks also to the staff at UT for including it on their front page story. But please keep in mind, I am only an amateur and I don't have any inside information of how it will turn out, just some educated guessing and intuition on my part.

Last edited:
Pretty neat Traynor. I would have sent you full res no problem.

Tuesday morning

IMG_6311_2.jpg

IMG_6327_2.jpg

Last edited:
Ramako: The upper portions of the tower will have higher ceilings than the lower portions.

As well, there is a rather sizable crown above the highest floor which throws off the 52-78 numbers game for height reference.

Thanks Ramako and Traynor! Much valued information

I, for one, didn't really realize the height on Aura until I realized I can see it from various parts of town already and it still has quite a bit higher to go.

Sorry correction,

I meant the same negative comments,

from the same people/ person.

I get the positive negative thing on here

and other forums as its needed for future studies and assesments.

but common.

we get u think its underwhelming if even a word.

prefer uninteresting my self.

but not in regards to this project.

nothing but positive here for this great addition to the City of Toronto.

yet another sound poem from ptbotrmpfn

fish-how-to-write-a-sentence_zps7283d2c5.jpg

WOW That last Skyjacked pic is awsesome...

Now in addition to Aura... It is really hard to imagine..
But 850 ft 1 Bloor,
600+ U condo, Casa 2 600+,
plus U 2, Chaz, 5, X2, and Karma all over 500 feet....

PLus Nicolas, Milan, and The Yorkville as well.....all over 400 feet, thats 11 on my count.... anything else I missed??

Render that please??? LOL Its really going to be something to see all those cranes at the same time... I would guess that before Aura tops out all of these will be well under way and reaching skyward...CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLus with a few other possibles launching ???? 50 Bloor...

Whats the deal with the Cumberland tERRACE PROJECT!~?

Jets some great density is on its way! In addition, if the Massy tower goes ahead that will block out most of this close up view.

Jets some great density is on its way! In addition, if the Massy tower goes ahead that will block out most of this close up view.

I remember a few years ago, some one did a great time lapse of the financial core from the east side, watching Trump and others grow over a year plus.....

Some one please looking north from some where do the same here... Its a chance to have one amazing historic film footage... Imagine a three year time lapse of 42nd st, from 1929 thru 1932 WOW !!!!!

That would be some great documentation... sadly we will not be building the Lincoln , Chanin, or The Chrysler building but the scale is similar!!!

If you know anyone with an office or condo with this veiw, ask them PLEASE???????? :eek:

The buildings in the CBD, Aura and One Bloor will be helpful as beacons for tourists and newcomers navigating their way around downtown.

Back