Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Thanks for posting that pic Traynor. It really puts this building in perspective. I like what I'm seeing and 1 Bloor will only make it better.

For such a tall building in such a prominent place, it is considerably underwhelming.

The lack of a roof line ruins it for me...

Traynor's rendering looks better than what I've seen in real person so far. Hopefully it will get better now that the cladding is set to improve look-wise.

Huh? You mean finished as opposed to not? The bottom half is from the picture so that wouldn't be any different.

Great rendering though. I think this is the first that made me appreciate just how tall this monster will be. With all that curtain wall, the best (a relative term) is yet to come.

I agree with XCJ. The building is under construction and the best is still to come. Lots of nice balcony glass, elegant curtain wall, and an interesting roof feature. I hope the roof element is nicely lit also.

In time the building will look even better as some neighboring towers go up in the area.

Now that the curve has begun, the excitment begins. Looking at the pictures so far in this thread, you can see there is still a way to go, and the next big moment will be when the curtainwall glass gets applied to the sweeping western curve.

Photo from Charles St E, Feb 25.

SDC12979.jpg

Attachments

• SDC12979.jpg
    SDC12979.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 391
I was just looking through the front-page article and its photos.

I must say, although I find the podium awkward, I do really like the massing of the tower itself, especially with the curved portion "emerging" from the two rectilinear portions. It makes it all the more shame that the window-wall cladding is such a mess, because otherwise, this would have been quite an impressive design.

Anyways, looking much more interesting now with the curved portion.

Last edited:
I don't think I will ever understand some of the reasoning in this thread. "Sure, it's underwhelming now, but just you wait until there's even more of it!"

A little future fun...:cool:

A rendering done from a great perspective. Original picture taken by member skyjacked found Here.

GjEPLKN.jpg

(Original and Rendering for comparison)

wa2JAwN.jpg

I'm confused. If it's on the 52ish floor now, and it's 78? how come the renderings look like it's barely 1/2 complete, when in reality it would be around 2/3 complete? Am I missing something?

I don't think I will ever understand some of the reasoning in this thread. "Sure, it's underwhelming now, but just you wait until there's even more of it!"

Huh? That doesn't make any sense. Would L Tower, the Chrysler Building or most skyscrapers look just as good if we just lopped the top half off? I grant you that the materials won't get any better, but massing and proportion are integral to the aesthetic of any skyscraper.

I'm confused. If it's on the 52ish floor now, and it's 78? how come the renderings look like it's barely 1/2 complete, when in reality it would be around 2/3 complete? Am I missing something?

The upper portions of the tower will have higher ceilings than the lower portions.

and I will never understand following a thread thats regarding a skyscraper they truly dislike. and keep commenting on the fact they don't like it.

Back