Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Chapters Indigo owns the World's Biggest Bookstore. I don't know if the building is rented, but that place has been there so long, I doubt it.

Well lets put it this way, the way developers are throwing money around..it will be shortly or it wont be too long.
Its just way to large of a 2 storey property in the hood to stay un-developed...crappy building anyways.

World's Biggest Bookstore is owned by a developer?

Lol I haven't seen the report on title, but my point was that with property values in that location being what they are and a 75s building going up a couple of blocks away, it won't be long before someone makes them an offer too good to refuse.

Who knows, they may even go the route of partnering with a major developer.

Lol I haven't seen the report on title, but my point was that with property values in that location being what they are and a 75s building going up a couple of blocks away, it won't be long before someone makes them an offer too good to refuse.

I could see that happening. WBBS gets the 1st and 2nd floors in the new development in exchange for the land. I'd say both sides would win in that deal, as they're sitting on a mint right now.

This Morning

dscf0678j.jpg

dscf0679o.jpg

dscf0681h.jpg

dscf0682r.jpg

I agree it certainly seems likely. The World On Yonge development in Thornhill is on land formerly occupied by a strip mall featuring a popular Korean supermarket. The Galleria supermarket will get a place in the new building, and in the meantime it was relocated to a building on the other side of the street.

So if Thornhill can do it, surely Toronto can too.

They're paving the Hayter allowance today with asphalt. I wonder if they're planning to get rid of the covered walkway along the south side of College Park and put up a new run of hoarding in the middle of that open space

They're paving the Hayter allowance today with asphalt. I wonder if they're planning to get rid of the covered walkway along the south side of College Park and put up a new run of hoarding in the middle of that open space

That reminds me that I was going to upload these pics. I don't understand why the paving.

6067051017_89fa16e968_z.jpg

6067047585_c36977e659_z.jpg

6067588662_31b91f891d_z.jpg

This has got to be temporary (for a few years) for pedestrian access into College Park and to get loads in and out of the north end of the site.

The slab in that area must have been 2-3 feet below grade, so if they hadn't paved it it wouldve been a real pain to get trucks and cranes in and out. I'm also sure this is temporary, and good on them for actually paving it and not just throwing gravel down

Back