Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Personally I like Aura. And as I recall quite a few people on here do as well.

I think the Aura is a gorgeous building. It has a great podium that provides a beautiful base to this spectacular tower while offering great opportunities for exciting retail. This building will be a great catalyst for future development in the area.

Part of the community consultation process resulted in various set-backs. The developer shifted the location of the tower due to a variety of concerns through a consultation process that lasted close to a year-in-length. Virtually all aspects to the design have gone through numerous changes beyond what the general public has seen in various renderings and drawings posted on urban toronto - changes that a major such as the shape and orientation of the tower, to a multitude of minor shifting of elements such as moving the podium back two feet here and then a foot there... or shifting exterior lighting for safety to view protection screens, to material/colour palates and the list goes on and on. This thing has been designed to death as every stakeholder wants thier various issues resolved. Love it or hate it, almost everything you see in the design/rendering was an outcome of either the public/stakeholder consultation process with the city/planning department or the design review process.

So, all that said, Mike, how accurate are the renderings we've been shown here on UT to date?

Or We Could All Just See For Ourselves...

From Today (April 14, 2008)

Model...

Podium

2414230651_bb817d7fe1.jpg

2415058864_06738af280.jpg

2414236517_c566d02c6c.jpg

2415060656_954a188c02.jpg

2414239461_88263bf9d6_o.jpg

2414239299_841991c37c_o.jpg

2414238955_b97b7892ed_o.jpg

Apparent landscaping plan...

2414237589_0b307e937a_o.jpg

Tower

2414237097_2834caf6e0_o.jpg

2414236783_7c470e87c3_o.jpg

2414234891_a63a73c070_b.jpg

Awesome pics, Project End...so is the entire tower slightly offset from N-S? It looks that way in this pic..

2414239461_88263bf9d6_o.jpg

It seems to be aligned to true North. I like that.

This baby is going to start a trend of very tall towers along Yonge. Bring on Toronto Life Square tower at the corner of Gould & Yonge!

So, all that said, Mike, how accurate are the renderings we've been shown here on UT to date?

I would assume they are accurate based on the current proposal (although we only see one angle). The builder and architect don't make a new rendering with every change, but there were a couple different massing models looked at during the design and community consultation process.

Sorry, I don't have an answer for you. I had heard the deal was to exchange additional height to improve the mini-park that is in pretty rough shape at the centre of the development. It has a lot of potential, but it's really run down.

Project - big thanks for those pics of the model! Thats what we needed to give this thread some more life! I'm really liking it... that upper slim portion of the tower with the curved faces looks amazing! I think this will be a very iconic building... I could picture it in the NYC skyline, but its ours! I like the way that 3rd level of the podium overhangs the Yonge St. sidewalk slightly. Really digging all the different levels and set backs in the base...

ha ha, it almost looks like that room wasnt tall enough to hold it! Maybe he'll have to go up to the second floor to see the roof of Aura, or atleast climb up a ladder....

Nice to finally see what they have in mind for the podium - which looks very encouraging.

Oddly enough, the photos of the model do more for me than the illustrations.

THAT IS GOING TO BE CRAZY!
sweeeet i hope the tower is 280 meters. thats taller then scotia right?
would love to live at the very top. crazyness

Back