Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

I think people are definitely going to be surprised by the height and prominence of this tower. It's already the second tallest thing north of Queen.

I am aware that the top floor penthouses are priced at 7+ million and I'm finding it a stretch that someone who can afford that would choose Aura. But that's me.

I wonder the same thing. If I were to buy such a high-priced condo, I would buy it in a more exclusive building (ex, Four Seasons, Shangri-La, Ritz, or one of the boutique smaller condos such as Florian). I would not want to live in a huge vertical student ghetto with a high chance of fire alarms, elevator and gym lineups.

I would not want to live in a huge vertical student ghetto with a high chance of fire alarms, elevator and gym lineups.

I don't know if this is the case for Aura, but some towers have a separate lobby, elevator bank, and even postal address for the more exclusive upper floors, and if you can afford the penthouse, you'll probably have your own gym anyway.

I don't know if this is the case for Aura, but some towers have a separate lobby, elevator bank, and even postal address for the more exclusive upper floors, and if you can afford the penthouse, you'll probably have your own gym anyway.

Which is exactly the case for Aura. The upper floors are even a separate Condo Organization from the lower floors. A first for Toronto I believe.

Sort of similar is the first built Opera Place condo building at Bay & Grosvenor Sts., they have two separate condo corporations so more of a horizontal separation of condo corps. as opposed to a stacked separation. They have the same entrance, property management, underground parking, security etc. but separate elevator banks and hallways. The building from the second floor up is basically spit into two parts. I think the addresses are different too but I can't be sure.

I'm seeing applications on the City of Toronto site everyday for the mini shops at Aura. Today alone I saw 4 apps. so it is filling up. Sushi, nail salons, take-out, shoe stores, hair salons, etc, etc.

13 March 2013: Good Mourning:

211yih.jpg

the Aura cam has moved to a better angle (although it won't be long till they'll have to move it again).
I wonder who is responsible for going up there and moving the camera every now and then. I'd do it for FREE! (PM me Canderel if you're reading ;))

http://www.collegeparkcondos.com/webcam.html

The main issue for retail in Aura's basement will be the connection to College Park. It was not well planned or constructed and there are a set of large grey doors that were closed and not properly signed. If businesses want to succeed there, they need to open up that connection and properly sign it.

the Aura cam has moved to a better angle (although it won't be long till they'll have to move it again).
I wonder who is responsible for going up there and moving the camera every now and then. I'd do it for FREE! (PM me Canderel if you're reading ;))

http://www.collegeparkcondos.com/webcam.html

It must have been an accident, they have since moved it back.

3NQ7Jqq.jpg

*Image captured from the Aura Webcam

The main issue for retail in Aura's basement will be the connection to College Park. It was not well planned or constructed and there are a set of large grey doors that were closed and not properly signed. If businesses want to succeed there, they need to open up that connection and properly sign it.

Yes, that's the worst connection I've ever seen. I can't think of a single connection in the whole PATH system, that's as bad as the one between Aura and Collage Park. The person who designed that, should be fired.

The balcony glass makes the window-wall portions look only moderly better while I think it actually detracts from the the southern curtain-wall strip. The balcony glass here should have been dark to match, not the same as used elsewhere.

Yes, that's the worst connection I've ever seen. I can't think of a single connection in the whole PATH system, that's as bad as the one between Aura and Collage Park. The person who designed that, should be fired.
You're assuming that some kind of deliberate "design" was undertaken. Remember, this is G+C were talking about here.

Back