Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Great photos of the balcony glass. I think once its all there and take away the yellow safety railing or whatever they are called are gone the over all effect going all the way up will be quite nice. And then add reflection of sky to as it goes up. Its gonna be quite sharp.

Here's a sobering thought: Which will look less dumpy at 200 years old: Aura or Downtown Yonge Street?

From Elm Street--Aura finally gets a proper podium! :p

20130119163537.jpg

nice! I think Aura might just look its best from here when complete. not only because how tall it'll look, but due to the fact that the pale coloured spandrel isn't as visible/dominant from this angle.
still blows my mind how much height Aura has yet to gain.

I really like the balcony glass, it actually looks like there is an aura coming up from the base of the balcony which ties the name in with the design.

Let's just hope the balcony glass stays put and doesn't fall and break (like whats happened at other new condo towers with glass balconies).

I don't think that it's balcony glass that has been falling from other condos. Curtain wall glass!

I don't think that it's balcony glass that has been falling from other condos. Curtain wall glass!

The falling pieces from several projects downtown were indeed balcony glass. Curtain-wall glass is far too secure to ever fall off like that.

I'm sure the developers have smartened up since that happened, though, for their own sake if nobody else's. Then again, Canderel probably can't be counted on for much. ;)

I wouldn't minded more opaque white balconies in order to cover up and distract from the spandrel, but these are okay. The first photo makes it clear that they won't really obscure residents' balcony junk.

The falling pieces from several projects downtown were indeed balcony glass. Curtain-wall glass is far too secure to ever fall off like that.

I'm sure the developers have smartened up since that happened, though, for their own sake if nobody else's. Then again, Canderel probably can't be counted on for much. ;)

WRONGO. Trump doesn't even have balconies and its had falling glass twice.

Just curious what the count were for falling glass from festival tower. and also for the old marble of FCP. And lets not forget a tally for the gardener.

Glass fell from somewhere around Avenue Rd. & Bloor, the TO Star didn't give many details.

Last edited:

Back