Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

congrats atlantis, this picture made me fall in love with this building all over again.

6779857297_885fe1dd3a_b.jpg

This thing is huge. Walking past it again today I just couldn't help but take several glances back at it to take it all in. That's what most pedestrians walking by seem to do as well.

This thing is huge. Walking past it again today I just couldn't help but take several glances back at it to take it all in. That's what most pedestrians walking by seem to do as well.

I know... and it's only just begun! The glass sure changes appearance depending on the available lighting. Sometimes it looks dark, ominous & sexy. Sometimes it looks downright bright & happy!

So does anybody know whether the additional floors were approved by the Committee of Adjustment?

The three additional floors were indeed approved by the Committee of Adjustment - with conditions - the most significant being that $1 Million has to be allocated to the redesign and redevelopment of Barbara Ann Scott park. Of course any approval by the Committee is subject to appeal to the OMB, but that has to be filed within 20 days from the date of the meeting (Jan 25 '12). Fingers crossed that there will be no such appeal.

I wonder what those orange braces are for along the fourth floor roof. Safety net? Maybe they're planning to put a screen up there to let them pull down the Yonge St hoarding.

The glass sure changes appearance depending on the available lighting. Sometimes it looks dark, ominous & sexy. Sometimes it looks downright bright & happy!

This seams to be a common thing im noticing in Toronto buildings, they really transform depending on light, same thing with the L tower, some days the cladding looks really blue and other days no so much.

The three additional floors were indeed approved by the Committee of Adjustment - with conditions - the most significant being that $1 Million has to be allocated to the redesign and redevelopment of Barbara Ann Scott park. Of course any approval by the Committee is subject to appeal to the OMB, but that has to be filed within 20 days from the date of the meeting (Jan 25 '12). Fingers crossed that there will be no such appeal.

Good news!

I thought that the redesign & redevelopment of Barbara Ann Scott park was already part of the deal with the city when they got approval for 75 floors. Maybe now the have put a real dollar figure to it.

Back