Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

There is about a foot and a half. I think the picture you posted is accurate. Saw one recently at the sales center. Unless they have old copies.

Why just trump Trump- five or six more levels again and they'll be going for the title of Toronto's tallest building.

That would be awesome. We could use a good 1920s Manhattan-style height race. Maybe get 1 Bloor in the running for that with a few height increases of their own.

They're starting to take out those interior support poles. Cladding should be next. I believe they have to finish the podium by next October so that the stores can move in.

auras8.jpg

I think in both aspects 1Bloor is nice. Def better looking design now, then what it was before. Has a very stylish look.

i think these are very different buildings... One Bloor goes for stylish, sophisticated, and flashy.. with it's wavy balconies and all... Whereas Aura goes for a very contemporary, 21st century glass tower, that's more office building-like....
What one ends up better, all depends on cladding. But One Bloor's podium will still be the most eye catching :D

But One Bloor's podium will still be the most eye catching :D

Based on the renders, can't disagree with you, though I still prefer Aura's overall massing. Though 1 Bloor is certainly a unique variation to the traditional box. In the end, like you mentioned, it'll all come down to the execution and quality of the cladding and finishes.

Is that based more on the design or the location?
Both, the building looks great and the location is the best in Toronto. This intersection needs to take it's place as the crossroads of Canada. I want to see buildings like The Bay Centre redeveloped to reflect the status of it's location.

Based on the renders, can't disagree with you, though I still prefer Aura's overall massing. Though 1 Bloor is certainly a unique variation to the traditional box. In the end, like you mentioned, it'll all come down to the execution and quality of the cladding and finishes.

actually, IMO, One Bloor is more of a box than Aura. Actually... One Bloor basically starts out as a box on the inside, then adds the curved balconies and roof fins to make it a non-box.... Aura has a very unique design, with a box lower half, and a dual-curved upper portion.... I've never been a fan of the way the blended the box portions with the curved portions, and the way it just sits on the podium so awkwardly... but I think the design will grow on me....
One Bloor will definitely be more "stand out" to pedestrians for its sexiness,
But Aura will stand out for its sheer size,

One Bloor definitely has the edge over location as you can't really beat it in terms of convenience,
But Aura has the benefit of more unobstructed views, probably for years to come. (not saying all the views will be good... let's say if you're on the 15th floor looking down at gerard or yonge streets.... but most will be good)

Amazing how dead this thread is.... And speaking of dead, the Aura cam has been down for about a week now... And when i opened it up today, i saw this... Best Webcam EVER!!!!

i took a screenshot just incase it gets removed.

6153852026_83c2abcab0_b.jpg

Back