Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Some of the new units might actually be a redistribution of existing units (eg; a few two bedroom units become pairs of bachelors, or something like that).

I heard the extra units will likely be mid-building - something a bit easier to sell than penthouses.

If someone gets hold of the price list of the new units or hears about the sq.ft. price, then, I would appreciate if this information is posted on this thread.

Aura at 75 storeys => 264m roof
+ 3 x 3m => 274m roof

Scotia: 274.9m

So I think it will be very close, but unless the roof is redesigned, I suspect that Scotia will still just edge out Aura.

I just spoke to Riz who is head of marketing at Canderel. The word from him is this is NOT happening.

So you are saying that this from city planning yesterday is BS.
I say, Mr Riz isn't spilling the beans.

Application#: 11 228208 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Jun 27, 2011
Project: Multiple-Use Building Addition
.............Description: Proposal to construct an addition 3 sty's on top of approved 75 sty condo (with commercial at grade). Additonal 48 residential units. AURA AT COLLEGE PARK. 382-388 Yonge St. See active permits under 382 Yoneg St and 388 Yonge St.

So you are saying that this from city planning yesterday is BS.
I say, Mr Riz isn't spilling the beans.

.............Description: Proposal to construct an addition 3 sty's on top of approved 75 sty condo (with commercial at grade). Additonal 48 residential units. AURA AT COLLEGE PARK. 382-388 Yonge St. See active permits under 382 Yoneg St and 388 Yonge St.

Perhaps Riz isn't saying anything in case their application is rejected?

Last edited:
He has to say that Ed, but obviously one of Riz's bosses is making something happen down at cityhall and he is not allowed to speak about it or confirm it, because there might be some outcry and community backlash. They were probably hoping this could stay quiet a few more weeks before an announcement would have to be made.

And also why confirm it if the city might reject it.

Well there you go - did anybody expect this at this late stage.

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Description: Proposal to construct an addition 3 sty's on top of approved 75 sty condo (with commercial at grade). Additonal 48 residential units. AURA AT COLLEGE PARK. 382-388 Yonge St. See active permits under 382 Yoneg St and 388 Yonge St.

Nice find androiduk.

When will the city review this application and officially respond? Is there a set date? Are we looking at weeks or months?

If my memory serves me correct, there was a post way back quoting Canderel personnel that they will not go above 75 floors because of the engineering challenges

No, they decided to stick with 75 floors due to financing issues. Canderel executives have stated that Aura is engineered to support another 10 stories...

http://www.collegeparkcondos.com/pdf/media/AuraAimesToBeTalles_11_17_07_Post.pdf

National Post, November 17, 2007

But Michael La Brier, president of Canderel Stoneridge, said his company could add up to 10 more storys... "When we had the building engineered, we had everything so we could add up to 10 more floors to the building" said Mr. La Brier.

No, they decided to stick with 75 floors due to financing issues. Canderel executives have stated that Aura is engineered to support another 10 stories...

http://www.collegeparkcondos.com/pdf/media/AuraAimesToBeTalles_11_17_07_Post.pdf

National Post, November 17, 2007

But Michael La Brier, president of Canderel Stoneridge, said his company could add up to 10 more storys... "When we had the building engineered, we had everything so we could add up to 10 more floors to the building" said Mr. La Brier.

Thanks for 'enlightening' me.

By the way, I am glad that you came back to the thread. Please visit us as often as you can.

Back