Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it
I'm so excited and I just can't hide it

Me too, I'm running out of projects to cover in my nabe as many reach or near completion. Hopefully we'll get something solid on 1 Bloor East soon and excavation starting by next fall (I'm an optimist) along with Couture.

Nice photos DT,

If you zoom in on the third one, you can read DEEP FOUNDATIONS, which is an excavation company. Looks like digging is indeed imminent.

Good observation, and thank you :)

Aw Jessie Spano. For some reason this reminds me of the commercial with guy who claimed that people thought he ate too many choc-o-let bars: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T2olgjnDWY . Also, Aura:

4252845776_3ea4c40dbc_b.jpg

4252075539_e313233c76_b.jpg

Yonge / Gerrard and vicinity -- the unbelievably bad Delta hotel, the nearby Yonge exposure of 10 Dundas E (have you guys seen how awful that thing looks at night?) ...

OTOH the intersection does have John Lyle's Dominion Bank. (Now a pub, with a recently busted "health spa" up above.)

OTOH the intersection does have John Lyle's Dominion Bank. (Now a pub, with a recently busted "health spa" up above.)

i saw that news story too ...
they lured under-age runaways girls from nearby covenant house to 'work' there

A-propos of nothing, I wonder what's going to happen to the A/C unit on top of the parking-lot booth? Do they cart away booths intact, or will the thing get demolished?

Ramako:

I can't speak for the others and their preferences - but the design talent of a proven architectural firm and one that isn't is clear to me from Day 1. IMO Aura was messy then, and though the DRP cleaned things up a bit, the design remains ho-hum.

Now what I *do* find interesting is that people who nitpick on relatively minor aesthetic issues at say the X has absolutely nothing to say about design excellence here, for a tower that is going to be far more prominent in the skyline.

AoD

I think that has a lot to do with the fact it's 75 storeys.

The revisions to the base are good, but overall I find the tower design and base have a certain disconnect.

Having completely lost track of this project, I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Check the flickr profile for the person who owns the photo. It's up to that person to provide updates. They didn't say they were going to though.

Great, thanks khristopher!

It says he plans on taking a pic every day and produce a time lapse sequence over time. That would be most interesting. :)

Back