Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

I have heard of quite a few of disappointed souls whose projects were cancelled only to be revived a few months later with higher selling prices.

Please do not associate Canderel with such developers. A reputable builder would never stoop to such behaviour.

It’s great to see this project finally progressing! :D

Ka1

During construction of RoCP1, Canderel had installed a web camera on the site that could be accessed from their website. Hopefully, they will do it this time again.

Shall keep you posted.

According to the bulletin in the Liberties condo (next door), work for the next 4 months will take place entirely within the site. After that we should expect road closures and sidewalk hoarding for deeper excavation and construction.

Hi Skorji,

You wouldn’t happen to have a live webcam pointing out your window?

I’d certainly pay to view this! ;)

Hi Johnzz,

No live webcam, sorry. I'm in the market for a new digital camera, so I should be able to post some photos for you all soon.

Ultra-glad to see another surface parking lot trashed. And the Yonge-Gerrard corner is perfect for some real height, let's hear it for Aura!

Let's hope this skyscraper, when finished, draws attention away from the atrocities of ROCP 1 and 2. I don't mind the shape of ROCP 1 and 2, but the finishes dare to be so cheap and tawdry.

The BSN/Casa contrast shows the extent to which design counts - as if anyone doubted it. Get the best talent, with the best track record, if you can. And if you can't, well, the design review process has been applied to Aura and everyone involved came away lauding the process and how it worked ... so even with a B-list firm generating the original design all is not lost because a second set of eyes will be applied to it.

thenody:

Let's hope so. At least the current design doesn't suggest anything like RoCP, though nothing at the Casa level either.

AoD

I recall that people weren't too hot about Casa either when the rendering first came out. Like Casa, this design will be largely judged on execution.

Ramako:

I can't speak for the others and their preferences - but the design talent of a proven architectural firm and one that isn't is clear to me from Day 1. IMO Aura was messy then, and though the DRP cleaned things up a bit, the design remains ho-hum.

Now what I *do* find interesting is that people who nitpick on relatively minor aesthetic issues at say the X has absolutely nothing to say about design excellence here, for a tower that is going to be far more prominent in the skyline.

AoD

Last edited:

Back