Toronto Atrium on Bay Expansion | 114m | 34s | KingSett Capital | Hariri Pontarini

I'm just going to slyly point at The Wine Rack across the street as a reason why a street level LCBO at Yonge&Dundas would be a terrible proposition, and leave it at that.

I frequently pass that Wine Rack but haven't noticed anything in particular - what do you mean?

I frequently pass that Wine Rack but haven't noticed anything in particular - what do you mean?
I've been walking by essentially daily ever since it opened.

Frequent fights, glass shattering, police being called, loitering, and all sorts of business that typifies Yonge and Fundas. A couple months ago there was even a stabbing inside the store. I am sure as a location that Wine Rack brings in a lot of money, but it is probably the most ill-advised position for a location.

Having overheard a conversation while in line before between a customer and a security guard working at the Atrium LCBO, that LCBO location already sees all manner of disturbances on a daily basis, and was according to that one security guard's perspective, the roughest LCBO location to work at.

While from an urban planning perspective, a street level LCBO would make a ton of sense, I have to think that it would also exacerbate other elements that would be undesirable from both the LCBO location and the Atrium's management perspective.

I've been walking by essentially daily ever since it opened.

Frequent fights, glass shattering, police being called, loitering, and all sorts of business that typifies Yonge and Fundas. A couple months ago there was even a stabbing inside the store. I am sure as a location that Wine Rack brings in a lot of money, but it is probably the most ill-advised position for a location.

Having overheard a conversation while in line before between a customer and a security guard working at the Atrium LCBO, that LCBO location already sees all manner of disturbances on a daily basis, and was according to that one security guard's perspective, the roughest LCBO location to work at.

While from an urban planning perspective, a street level LCBO would make a ton of sense, I have to think that it would also exacerbate other elements that would be undesirable from both the LCBO location and the Atrium's management perspective.

If you are going to have to hire a security guard, you might as well maximize revenue potential while doing so. The "problem" isn't the presence of an LCBO or WineRack, it is the area clientele.

AoD

Not just a security guard, a cop is posted at most busy times in there too.

It's one of the oldest lcbo's in the downtown, it badly needs a renovation and expansion. I'm sure they have an eye out for changes as a part of this project.

Not just a security guard, a cop is posted at most busy times in there too.

It's one of the oldest lcbo's in the downtown, it badly needs a renovation and expansion. I'm sure they have an eye out for changes as a part of this project.

Stop trying to make me feel old! I remember when they moved that location from TEC across the street!

I really wish the LCBO would move to street level. The access and layout are awkward.

It definitely needs a refresh and a possible relocation, but there really isn't any street level space available in the Atrium at the moment, at least in its current configuration. When Guess closed down, I thought it would be a great spot for a "flagship" LCBO, but the Jordan store took over that location instead.

IMG_9143[1].JPG

IMG_9144[1].JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9143[1].JPG
    IMG_9143[1].JPG
    245.5 KB · Views: 538
  • IMG_9144[1].JPG
    IMG_9144[1].JPG
    228.5 KB · Views: 524
I think it would be better if they just demolished the whole thing and expanded the Eaton Centre onto the site.

Back