See my initial comments on the original park design here:

Then some brief comments on the changes made to the design since then, here:

New photos taken February 22nd, 2024:

DSC03175.jpg

DSC03176.jpg

DSC03177.jpg

DSC03180.jpg

DSC03181.jpg

**** The more I see of this monstrosity, the more I dislike it. if @3Dementia doesn't ban us all from posting photo updates of it, I'll be surprised.

It was a missed opportunity to allow this to be built when all evidence suggested this would be mediocre tower on a signature site for the ages, that's trying to mimic cool. And it's not doing a very good job at even that, IMO. /sigh

It's not even the overuse of spandrel. It's the low-quality glass.
Toronto developers gotta learn that the ugly effect of spandrel glass can be somewhat mitigated with the application of curtain wall-like glass:

eg. One Pacific Condos in VanCity

onep.jpg

one pacific.jpg

onep2.jpg

Did the church own the land this trash heap is sitting on?
I don't think so. They where elder structures to which one hosted a Second Cup or something if my memory serves me correct..

...so there's lots of things you can blame the church for, but not this one I thinks. >.<

I don't think so. They where elder structures to which one hosted a Second Cup or something if my memory serves me correct..

...so there's lots of things you can blame the church for, but not this one I thinks. >.<
It was an indie cafe (can't remember the name). Had coffee there once. Shame I can't include it in my upcoming "cozy cafe" thread!

It was an indie cafe (can't remember the name). Had coffee there once. Shame I can't include it in my upcoming "cozy cafe" thread!

It was called "Certified Bean Cafe" in it's latest iteration, and "Orange Alert" cafe prior to that.

Google with a street capture including a jolly chap in a 🇨🇦 shirt waving to say Hi!

mccaul.jpg

Back