Toronto Artistry Condos | 103.5m | 29s | Tribute | Graziani + Corazza

I'm sure the person who was hired to write this must have LOL'd and rolled their eyes:

"When you step into our majestic lobby, it’s like stepping into a true work of art. Elegant flourishes and eye-catching details create a space of remarkable contemporary grandeur. It’s a space that will leave a lasting first impression with your guests, and give you a little jolt of inspiration every time you come home." 🤮🤮🤮

Reminds me of some stellar, ahem, wine reviews........

A wine reviewer's take on a certain bottle of Spanish Red.................... There is great complexity, and you could start smelling spice and smoke to move to earthy tones, hints of beef blood, cherries in liqueur, curry, diesel, old furniture and forest floor. 95 points.

Beef Blood? Diesel? Wow! Now I know I want to try this.................Also.........curry? In a Spanish Red? Maybe sip a glass, rather than chug a bottle........

Sometimes descriptions need a bit more editing and a bit less flourish!

New Park at 292 Dundas Street West

A new park is coming to 292 Dundas St. W. which will be part of an integrated Relic Linear Park System. The City will be engaging the community to help determine the park design and programming.

Project Timeline

• April 2021: Hiring a design team
  • September to December 2021: Concept development and community engagement
  • January 2021 to April 2022: Construction drawing preparation
  • May to July 2022: Hiring a construction team
  • Summer 2022 to Summer 2023: Construction starts
The timeline is subject to change.

As part of a new mixed-use condominium development at 292 Dundas St. W., there will be a new 261m2 municipal park. The park will be located at the corner of Dundas Street West and McCaul Street, across from the Art Gallery of Ontario and OCAD University.

The new park is planned to be the gateway into the larger Relic Linear Park System and will incorporate architectural relic stones in the design.

The City will be working closely with the developer to design and construct the new park and the park programming will be developed in consultation with the community.

Aug 1, 2021

20210731_114714.jpg
20210731_114724.jpg
20210731_114745.jpg
20210731_114800.jpg
20210731_114917.jpg

It'll be an unpopular opinion given the perception of the Church in 2021, but is it ever a shame that St Patrick's is going to get hidden behind this dreck. Looking at the exposed southern side of the church, I wish we could get a paved and gated (but open to the public as a completative space) piazza there instead

I agree. The church looks spectacular with the exposed southern flank. It seems as though this project is doing its utmost to cover the church.
Shame on them!

I agree. The church looks spectacular with the exposed southern flank. It seems as though this project is doing its utmost to cover the church.
Shame on them!
Shame on them? That's a little OTT. It's privately owned land that the owners are bringing badly needed housing to, there's no shame in that. Is it going to be the best-looking building ever? No. Is it going to obscure the most of the south side of the church from Dundas Street? Yes, and too bad, but it'll be much like it's already been obscured from Dundas, until the older buildings were just torn down. Had the church been right at the corner, we'd have a nicer corner, but without the City having purchased the land for a public square (too bad that didn't happen), there's no shame in a developer putting up a new building on it.

I had to look up OTT.
I understand your sentiment however I disagree. Someone whether the city or the developer or both overlooked an great option for the denizens of Toronto for finer south flank view of the existing church building.

The ship sailed long, long ago, but I guess there's another entry for Unbuilt Toronto to imagine what could have happened if Dundas St W had actually been realigned to the south. We wouldn't have the Gehry AGO, but we might've gained a better vista of St Patrick's. I guess Village on the Grange was the nail in the coffin for that whole idea?

But short of the City somehow acquiring the land I can't see any other option that would have avoided what we're getting. The parcel is too shallow to pull the building away from the church, so it is what it is. Maybe a density transfer or a land swap could have been of use here? Too late to fix it now, just sucks that this is what the city is getting.

I'm sure the person who was hired to write this must have LOL'd and rolled their eyes:

"When you step into our majestic lobby, it’s like stepping into a true work of art. Elegant flourishes and eye-catching details create a space of remarkable contemporary grandeur. It’s a space that will leave a lasting first impression with your guests, and give you a little jolt of inspiration every time you come home." 🤮🤮🤮
Why does my mind keep saying, "Burn it! With Fire!" every time my eyes look upon these here renderings? Surely, I am missing the point of this "jolt of inspiration" here. >.<

Back