Toronto Aqualina at Bayside | 47.85m | 13s | Tridel | Arquitectonica

801cd5da-dc00-420c-9f96-ca5eb37716b4_zps0fow8iod.jpg

You're taking your drone over the lake?

Don't think I'd say this - but the window walls are working well at the podium level where it is staggered. When it is not, not so much...

I love Sherborurne Common, it's such a great space defined by its water feature, and it's so cool how it's part of the infrastructure of the neighbourhood. I think it will really shine once it's surrounded by more development and can really draw focus inwards instead of out towards the rest of the city.

The only complaint is the slight overuse of concrete, the general condition of the lawn south in Sherbourne Common South, and (if still around) those awful generic park benches (it compares poorly with the general excellence in the area).

AoD

I noticed last night that window frames, as yet unglazed, have been installed on the ground floor, on the south end of the west side.

Coulda, shoulda...dammit, a site like this ought to, interest, maybe even provoke, a developer to showcase something or other. Tridal has not risen to the occasion.

why do so many posters make negative comments about this development and Tridel's involvement in it?

They do have a fairly awful record when it comes to using window walls. Not going to nail them on this one given how it is turning out so far - except for the 2nd floor QQE frontage, which looks awful compared to the "sawtoothed" portions of the facade.

AoD

Back