Toronto Aqualina at Bayside | 47.85m | 13s | Tridel | Arquitectonica

Oddly enough, I wasn't terribly offended by this at the podium level (it ain't 300 Front level of atrociousness). Let's hope the lake facing tower portion is clad in something more worthy though.

AoD

A terrible reminder that this is Tridel after all.

Are people still excited for Ten York?
No. I was never excited about Ten York. Worst of all, it will block the tallest of the Ice towers from many a lake view (adding to the wall of monotony that is extant).

Oddly enough, I wasn't terribly offended by this at the podium level (it ain't 300 Front level of atrociousness). Let's hope the lake facing tower portion is clad in something more worthy though.

AoD

It won't be. The physical model has been posted various times - the entire exterior envelope is the standard window wall used on many Tridel projects.

The renders seem to show curtain wall on the "box".. We shall see if the renders or scale model are correct. Unfortunately I tend to lend more credence to the model.

801cd5da-dc00-420c-9f96-ca5eb37716b4_zps0fow8iod.jpg

A smattering of shots taken today. From near and afar...

Aqua1.jpg
Aqua2.jpg
Aqua3.jpg
Aqua4.jpg
Aqua5.jpg
Aqua6.jpg
Aqua7.jpg
Aqua8.jpg
Aqua9.jpg
Aqua10.jpg

New precast pieces ready for installation...

Aqua11.jpg

I couldn't resist...

Aqua12.jpg

Attachments

• Aqua1.jpg
    Aqua1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 637
  • Aqua2.jpg
    Aqua2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 640
  • Aqua3.jpg
    Aqua3.jpg
    588.8 KB · Views: 615
  • Aqua4.jpg
    Aqua4.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 647
  • Aqua5.jpg
    Aqua5.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 646
  • Aqua6.jpg
    Aqua6.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 648
  • Aqua7.jpg
    Aqua7.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 663
  • Aqua8.jpg
    Aqua8.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 649
  • Aqua9.jpg
    Aqua9.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 644
  • Aqua10.jpg
    Aqua10.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 664
  • Aqua11.jpg
    Aqua11.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 625
  • Aqua12.jpg
    Aqua12.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 716
Last edited:
I love Sherborurne Common, it's such a great space defined by its water feature, and it's so cool how it's part of the infrastructure of the neighbourhood. I think it will really shine once it's surrounded by more development and can really draw focus inwards instead of out towards the rest of the city.

Back