Toronto Accolade Condo | ?m | 34s | Tridel | Burka

The top looks so clumsy and unplanned. If they had continued with the same windows all the way up, it would have looked much better. Those top couple floors just ruin it. See what I mean?

IMG_sept-19-09-0047.jpg

Well it certainly blends in with the sky. I know I'll be lumped in with the colourblind low-brow troglodytes when it comes to architectural taste by saying this, but I actually don't mind Accolade. Hopefully as this area becomes more built out and urbanized, it won't stand out so obnoxiously, but will rather become an interesting layer in a more diverse cluster.

In my opinion this is the ugliest condo tower to go up in this city in a long time. It's unfortunate that it has to be seen by so many people each day driving along the DVP.

well, perhaps the design would look a bit slicker if they had chosen to do either the glass balconies or the vertical concrete all the way up. I'd say the top is planned so far as it conceals the mechanical workings.

Egotrippin, this area is actually very dense with highrises, not sure how many more they can fit in the immediate area as it is kind of an island surrounded by ravines...

I'd still say better than average suburban highrise... but man, is that ever a glorious blue!

I think the construction workers forgot to remove the blue plastic wrap after they took this building out of its package.

Either that, or it was designed by the Stonecutters...

4381425436_1f0d66d81c_o.jpg

Living in the Blue Building is rough

It is a pretty amazing and impressive building.

I was at the Accolades "Ribbon Cutting" last Thursday, and I was blown away. Very rarely have I seen occupancy commence for a building, where all the amenities and common space (such as hallways) have been completed.
This building is like a Tart - pretty looking at first glance, but kind of rough underneath.

They obviously have put too much money in the ground floor facilities and not enough where it matters. Reminds me of Mondo Condo - the 'hot' water has taken up to 33 minutes to arrive in some suites; there is too much conflict of interest - Tridel builds - Tridel 'manages' the building; Tridel locates handymen; Tridel meters the energy and bills the residents.

This building will never qualify for LEED as the toilets are procured from Australia and other fittings from China. The soap dishes are unique - not one holds the soap, it always falls out.

The efficiency lighting doesn't work; repairs to common element WiFi have taken 12 days so far and it still isn't working.

I stripped our condominium floor as it was so poor and found 91 nails scattered under the carpet and the concrete under the living room floor has holes and bumps in it which makes it impossible to install the floor properly.

The cheap interior doors are ill-fitting, you can put a hand other the door; the sink tap won't stay where you place it. The sliding doors aren't square leaving a 2" gap at the bottom when the door is closed.

One good thing - the stove and laundry equipment works.

If only the hot water would arrive ...

Last edited:
In my opinion this is the ugliest condo tower to go up in this city in a long time. It's unfortunate that it has to be seen by so many people each day driving along the DVP.
Don't worry - the drivers get their own back. The road noise is terrible, even at the 30th floor, and the dirt - the balconies need cleaning weekly.

I actually think this condo looks very pretty ... mainly because blue is my favorite color :) and there is really a lack of color in this city!

July 31 2010 update

some slightly dated photos that I never got around to post previously ~

North / East / South Elevations
Click to Enlarge

The Base - I do like how this entrance is executed

The Tower

July 31 2010 update

A development related to Accolade ... Delmanor Wynford

I do like how this building turned out ... a good looking building for seniors living ~

Click to Enlarge

IMG_5001.jpg

some slightly dated photos that I never got around to post previously ~

I like how the white balcony dividers end up as fins at the top. The mechanical elements at the top are housed in what can truly be called a penthouse, not just a box or shed. The series of subtle setbacks on those mechanical penthouses and the continuation of the blue glass cladding makes it look polished from this angle.

Back