Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

Started moving into 50 Absolute this past weekend (the shorter of the two towers). The building is not yet complete so the lobby and upper floors are still being worked on - but the unit itself is great in terms of finish quality.

I'll get better pics on a clear day, but we have a 180 degree eastern view spanning from the north to the lake, with a clear shot at downtown Toronto:

View-from-AW.jpg

Last edited:
The retail units were sold-out soon after they went on sale. In fact, there was a waiting list in case a buyer pulled-out. As for who would use the the retail, well, to start, there are probably over 1500 people who live in the complex along with the office workers to the north.

If these units were sold out ages ago, why are there for lease signs up for them??

Only Town & Country Market is going in there now with their large banner up in the middle of the units.

The south end unit as well the rest have been ready for over 6 months for move in.

If these units were sold out ages ago, why are there for lease signs up for them??

The investors would want retailers to fill the spaces now.

Only Town & Country Market is going in there now with their large banner up in the middle of the units.

The south end unit as well the rest have been ready for over 6 months for move in.

Somebody probably bought the retail unit and now is leasing it out to make a few extra bucks.
or
Somebody bought the unit, their business fell threw and instead of selling it they are leasing it out.
or...

I've noticed there are never any lights on in the units of the top three floors of tower 1. (facing west) Does anyone know if they are finished or not?

I've noticed there are never any lights on in the units of the top three floors of tower 1. (facing west) Does anyone know if they are finished or not?
Buildings 1, 2 and 3 are the ones you see in my photo and they are fully occupied to the top. Building 4 is the tallest one and building 5 is the one I'm in - the smaller of the two twisting towers. The penthouse level in our building are not completed and I think are only now going on the market. Regarding tower 4, I'm not sure, but I think they're done and sold from developer to their first owner, but a couple are up for sale and not occupied.

Thanks Marko. Congtrats on the move.
Buildings 1, 2 and 3 are the ones you see in my photo and they are fully occupied to the top. Building 4 is the tallest one and building 5 is the one I'm in - the smaller of the two twisting towers. The penthouse level in our building are not completed and I think are only now going on the market. Regarding tower 4, I'm not sure, but I think they're done and sold from developer to their first owner, but a couple are up for sale and not occupied.

Actually this is very similar to Aura ... believe it or not ALL the retail units in that building sold out as well ! (yes even in the basement).

Its no different then calling a building sold out (from the developers point of view) even if half the buyers will list on day 1 to flip ...

Wanted to try out my new Nikon 14-24 today and I figured these two lovely ladies would make nice test models :D

Absolute 1_filtered_small.jpg

Absolute 3_filtered.jpg

Absolute 2_filtered_small.jpg

Attachments

• Absolute 1_filtered_small.jpg
    Absolute 1_filtered_small.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 618
  • Absolute 3_filtered.jpg
    Absolute 3_filtered.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 619
  • Absolute 2_filtered_small.jpg
    Absolute 2_filtered_small.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 1,091
Was by the site yesterday and the retail is still empty.

Even the banner for the Town & Country Market is gone.

I was told at the transit summit today that the residents are totally fed up that noting has gone into these units by now like they were told when they bought their condo.

Very sad to see this and looks like greed has come back to bit someone in the pocket for this mess.

Back