Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

Holy crap what a view from the Erin Mills Town Centre. I remember eating in that food court back in the 90s and eating at J.J Mugs. Amazing how built up Mississauga has become.

^yes indeed...I moved to Erin Mills about 10 years ago and all that was really noticeable was the clock tower...
20110306110.jpg

what blows my mind about those shots, is the background... you can see EVERYTHING in toronto! downtown, midtown, and even NYCC! THAT is mind blowing.

*are there any plans for those empty parking lots in the foreground?

Please see pages 27-32 of the actual plan - that area is called the Main Street District, it will give you an idea/vision of what's coming...hopefully before I end-up in a retirement home:)
http://www6.mississauga.ca/onlinemaps/planbldg/images/DT21/Downtown21%20Report%20&%20Master%20Plan.pdf

"Main Street – Envisioned as a catalytic example of Downtown’s potential to
create a vibrant, walkable, mixed-use place. It will include active street-level
retail and outdoor cafes with a mix of residential and office uses above."

Last edited:
what blows my mind about those shots, is the background... you can see EVERYTHING in toronto! downtown, midtown, and even NYCC! THAT is mind blowing.

One of them perpendicular to Burnhamthorpe is slated to be carved up by Mississauga's new "Main Street".

In Jasonzed's first photo, that could easily be mistaken for a city in china/a mini dubai! for some reason the streetwall along that main road looks fantastic thanks to absolute world!

Steveve, While scrolling down and seeing that first pic, those were my thoughts exactly, a city in China. Jazonized count me in as one of your admirerers for the great photos you post. That first one is supercalafragEPIC!

If only these towers had gone up where Tridel built Ovation. They would have been more central in City Centre, and would have been a great book-end to Celebration Square with City Hall on the opposite side.

If only these towers had gone up where Tridel built Ovation. They would have been more central in City Centre, and would have been a great book-end to Celebration Square with City Hall on the opposite side.

Noooooo. They woulda clashed with City Hall. I like where they are.

I imagine that Marylin will be fully clad and looking finished by summer. Those pics by Jason give a really great glimpse at how dramatic these two will be.

These towers will (or maybe already) look better than any of the renderings...and that's refreshing for a change.

Last edited:

No, I like the fact that these towers are located at the busiest intersection in MCC. The wall that Ovation creates at one side of the Celebration Square is far more fitting than these skinny towers and their small podium (or lack of podium alotgether, as is the case for the 56-storey tower). These is the way it is because it located at Burnhamthorpe and Hurontario, they fit the intersection.

Back