Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

Methinks Torontonians will be happy to claim Mississauga things when it suits them (Absolute World) and dismiss Mississauga at every other opportunity that presents itself (all the rest of the time).

Toronto always claims Mississauga...though often as suburban chattel.

Here:

http://cubeme.com/blog/2007/02/08/nordhavnen-residences-by-3xn/

I had a class that featured these buildings. Glad the GTA is getting something like this too.

So what? They don't predate Absolute. Are they even getting built? Absolute isn't just a bunch of plain cylinders jiggling around like a hula hoop. They undulate in 3D, like dress forms or Barbapapas or Marilyn Monroes, and they have more in common with Chicago's Aqua (Absolute is almost its inverse, where they fit into each other like South America fits into long lost sibling Africa on a map) than anything stiff like Twisting Torso.

Last edited:
Toronto always claims Mississauga...though often as suburban chattel.

Well, it's the GTA, i.e. Greater Toronto Area, after all. Once we start speaking of a Greater Mississauga Area, things might be different (and then, Mississauga would have to battle it out w/Bramption re who has priority here)

AB4/5 - Tower 5 moved up a level...
20100803a019.jpg

20100803a020.jpg

Great pictures drum, thanks

Can I just be that guy that said I told you so to the doubters out there?

Last October when I first joined UT, there were quite a few forumers that believed AW's curves would not be that obvious when it was built and Aqua in Chicago had better curves.

I was one of the ones that said it would be way more apparent from a distance that AW had curves than Aqua did and I think I was right. Without going back and finding the forumers and naming names, let me just go on the record as saying...

I told you so!

:p

I'd say these are among the most iconic buildings in the entire GTA and ones that may be recognized worldwide. It remains to be seen, but I guess we'll find out over time!

Very nice set Khris.

Wow..is all I can say. The taller they get the more spectacular and breathtaking they look. Too bad about those damn hydro poles and wires ruining the first shot! The rest of the shots are sublime though..thanks Khristopher!

It's been said a million times but this is probably the best project in the GTA right now. What a gem. I think I will like this much better than something like Aqua in Chicago because all the curves seem deliberate and controlled here. On Aqua, I get a kind of weird organic vibe like someone spilled something on a table and I'm happy I don't feel that with these buildings so far.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I couldn't believe how tall the first one is when I first arrived in the area, and the fact that it's still not at it's full height. This project is just spectacular. Still no balcony glass yet though. Can't wait for that to show up!

Back