IMG_3679.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3680.jpg
    IMG_3680.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,110
  • IMG_3679.jpg
    IMG_3679.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,285
^ My like above is for @someMidTowner's photography. I'm just not sure I like this building. It's looking better than the renders so far, but still seems like there's a lot of mismatching elements, and this is before the glass section emerges.

Not a huge fan of the tower itself, but how refreshing it is to see INSULATION going up on a tower in Toronto that isn't in the back-pan of spandrel/window wall. It's almost a miracle.

Not a huge fan of the tower itself, but how refreshing it is to see INSULATION going up on a tower in Toronto that isn't in the back-pan of spandrel/window wall. It's almost a miracle.

I still remember when, "not more precast" echoed the halls of Urbantoronto. This was Burka's domain and just before the Green Whine. Full circle.

I still remember when, "not more precast" echoed the halls of Urbantoronto. This was Burka's domain and just before the Green Whine. Full circle.

Post of the month and oh so true. Where's @3Dementia when you need him?

I'm not praising the use of precast so much as any cladding system that is not window wall. Picasso has done the best job of this in recent memory.

Hey, I agree to a point. Cladding only takes a concept so far. I'm just reflecting back when window wall and glass spandrel was welcomed over the other cladding systems and painted metal spandrel. We already have several projects incorporating the aluminum composite panels used on Picasso. I suspect it won't be too long before every development is using them.

Back