Toronto 8 Wellesley | Residences at Yonge | 182.15m | 55s | CentreCourt | Arcadis

No.

Correct.

Site is not large enough. Not going to happen.
Got the point it's not going to happen too close lol! But I can see that 5 Saint Joseph condo next door. Only refurbished 2 out of 6 of the three storey historical buildings on Yonge St. Which shows six of the them being refurbished in the 5 Saint Joseph rendering. Maybe it's set up for another slim tower could be developed closer Yonge St between these two towers. Then refurbishing all the remaining historical buildings on this block. Isn't that the goal to see all those antique buildings cleaned up on Yonge st from decay just a thought.

Now just barely visible from the Hayden garage, on the left:
IMG_20230701_174245.jpg

As the Yonge Street frontage isn't tied to this development (unlike 5ive Condos) and (I'm assuming) no high-rises are permitted to rise from atop them, there's little incentive to restore those heritage buildings beyond higher rents they could potentially command. I suppose they'll stay in their current ramshackle state, awful plastic signage and all, for quite a while.

Eagerly awaiting 8 Wellesley though. Shouldn't be too long before we see if this will be quality or a let down.

As the Yonge Street frontage isn't tied to this development (unlike 5ive Condos) and (I'm assuming) no high-rises are permitted to rise from atop them, there's little incentive to restore those heritage buildings beyond higher rents they could potentially command. I suppose they'll stay in their current ramshackle state, awful plastic signage and all, for quite a while.

Eagerly awaiting 8 Wellesley though. Shouldn't be too long before we see if this will be quality or a let down.
Not Just Noodles renovated their interior last year or the year before, and I think they replaced their exterior signs too. Not sure if they own the building, but apparently they didn't include removing tags from their roof in their budget.

Not Just Noodles renovated their interior last year or the year before, and I think they replaced their exterior signs too. Not sure if they own the building, but apparently they didn't include removing tags from their roof in their budget.

Good on Not Just Noodles for the investment., but it's a shame we can't get a complete overhaul for this end of the block like we did at the other end.

Back