Toronto 77 Charles West | 65.83m | 16s | Aspen Ridge | HOK

This building was always supposed to have curtain wall, and those are definitely unitized panels.

Toro Aluminum (they also did Absolute Towers) is supplying them. They typically make window-walls, as they are far more common in the GTA.

Last edited:
77clad2.jpg

Last edited:
Ugh, please don't let this whole building be covered in that terrible teal spandrel. Looked much more subtle on the render. Too bad, this building had a lot of potential.

Can't architects and/or developers just give us a building with clean, clear glass? It's nothing fancy, it's just timeless and elegant.

Can't architects and/or developers just give us a building with clean, clear glass? It's nothing fancy, it's just timeless and elegant.

I am totally with you on this one, what is Toronto's obsession will these ugly spandrels, its like our generations version of the brown metal balconies from the 70s that buildings are now replacing.

Mini Trump, one is more than enough.

Hopefully the spandrel won't be used the entire height of the building... maybe it's just for the podium? Anyway, it's a shame the spandrel isn' a darker colour better matched to the glass.

Is this curtain wall?

Hmm. I like it, however Im all for brightening up grey Toronto with corals and blotches of new colour on the skyline. I think many of us might complain if it were darker that it was too dark and colourless. However I liked the colour of that YWCA that was built recently and I know many will disagree with me on that also.

It's only a taste so far, but it does not strike me that this will look Trump-like as more comes together. You don't get tubular steel frame in behind Trump glazing: there's a different design aesthetic here. I look forward to more glass.

The horizontal pad+cap feels a little dated, but at least the caps have a bit of design to them. It'll give the wall some distinction anyway.

Back