Toronto 77 Charles West | 65.83m | 16s | Aspen Ridge | HOK

Thanks,

I'm really looking forward to this one - it should really help complete the street. What's the project just to the North West of this one? The one which hasn't started construction yet.

i don't know about "completing" the street. the building is elegant but this street was beautiful already and had some terrific architecture, thanks mostly to u of t.

certainly, after this condo, the variance in style on this street, compounded with its terrific location, will definitely make it an interesting place to walk and gaze.

Minto's St. Thomas condo is the one directly to the northwest. Site work seems to be ongoing there, with the foundations of the old University Apartments being dug up before construction can begin.

Complete in the sense that there are 2 lots to be built up.

The entrance and vertical windows above it match up with the centre of the road, which will create a nice bookend to match the entrance of Williams Sonoma (which was also designed to exactly match the street end).

good point with regards to the visual presence of the entrance. i find that the art of creating a beautiful, prominent entrance is often forgotten in toronto's modernist, glass towers.

does anyone know what the podium will be clad in? will it be similar to the residences across the street? i do like that white.

Not a lot of demolition so far...

DSCN4314.jpg

I noticed that, too.

Don't wanna dredge back through the thread, but any plans to keep the cross and that openwork structure it sits on?

And I don't know whether this was referred to earlier in the thread or elsewhere, but I discovered that designer Yann Weymouth is the big brother of Tina Weymouth of Talking Heads/Tom Tom Club...

On month later and they have about 2-3 stories on half the building left to knock down. I'm guessing they may be done with the demo by this weekend.

/\ The whole west wing of the building (shown in my above picture) is gone. I'm assuming they will start on the east wing today.

Back