Hamilton 75 James Condos | 108m | 34s | LIUNA | Graziani + Corazza

12/12/2023
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png

I always wondered, they have those poles between floors, but do they do anything while the upper floors are being poured? Do the stud walls built inside replace them in being structural or do the poles just maintain strength and consistency until the concrete is fully cured after a few weeks?

I always wondered, they have those poles between floors, but do they do anything while the upper floors are being poured? Do the stud walls built inside replace them in being structural or do the poles just maintain strength and consistency until the concrete is fully cured after a few weeks?
More of the latter. Keep things uniform as they are curing. Also probably help in having excess weight of people on the floor above as they are working.

Great photos @HamiltonPlanning ! This one in particular shows well that this building has reached the first "step" in its narrowing from Hughson to James. There will be two more steps like this in the months ahead. I would think the narrowing of each floor plate should allow this already quickly-rising tower to rise slightly quicker with each narrowing.

1704564064998.png

Back