Hamilton 75 James Condos | 108m | 34s | LIUNA | Graziani + Corazza

From yesterday
1000011582.jpg
1000011580.jpg

My only beef is the "cornices" if you can call them that (yes yes, I know..) look dirtier and more concrete-y than I woulda have liked them to. I wonder if they will apply a finish to them somehow..

Last edited:
One thing I do love about this build is its copious use of the roof levels - so many builds just waste all this space but this one is using every level almost - it's a great way to "repurpose" that land.

It does look weird seeing a park beside this property though in the renders. Makes me wonder just how much the "side business" side of this is going to be used since it pretty much faces a wall that people "loiter" beside. Now they have more storefront alcoves to do shady things inside of lol..

Also the main front part of the building has a REALLY weird lack of symmetry to the podium part.. I mean.. sure the "symmetry" of the "back" original stone part is questionable I guess too.. I guess technically the james st facing side is more the "back" of this building, instead of the front?

Last edited:
Huh. Much more prominent in that render, Hadn't seen that one before I don't think.

I was thinking of this one, which basically makes it look like a giant blue-glass hunk of condo with no real detailing of note:

48703-146442.jpeg
Ha, looks like both renders anticipated the YMCA parkette! Liuna must know something!

I don't know what it is about this building, but it's making Hamilton feel way more big city. I was walking north down James today, near James and Augusta. It's striking. Looking forward to seeing it at full high. Once that and Corktown Condos are done the vibe on Augusta is going to be a lot different than a couple years ago.

I think its the fact it takes up a whole block AND is high - there isn't the breathing room that all the other buildings have which makes it feel much larger - any full block ones feel much bigger - look at cobalt towers.

Now if only someone would ACTUALLY build on the church plot before that too collapses - I feel like everyone is just waiting for every build they weren't allowed to demolish to collapse so they can just build something modern, cheap and boring in its place lol..

Back