Toronto 65 King Street East | 82.9m | 18s | Carttera | WZMH

If you look at the map on post #49 you can see the project boundaries, which excludes the corner the steakhouse is on.

It's not a particularly beautiful building, but it does have a sort of London-y feeling (especially with the laneway), which will only be enhanced once the parking lot gets developed.

If you look at the map on post #49 you can see the project boundaries, which excludes the corner the steakhouse is on.

It's not a particularly beautiful building, but it does have a sort of London-y feeling (especially with the laneway), which will only be enhanced once the parking lot gets developed.
Yes, the Tom Jones building was never part of this project - though I think the developers tried to buy the site.

Carttera has bought the next three buildings to the east, and submitted a revised plan for this site. You can find the front page story all about it here, while you'll find new renderings in the dataBase file linked at the top of the page.

This is worse. All glass , less preservation, no interest on the Colbourne Street side. blah. On the upside at least something on these parking lots...we/ I have been waiting since Nefertiti for action here!

This is crap. Now, if this development had deeper easements on the heritage buildings and the tower had curved corners a la 7 St. Thomas....

It is indeed, crap.

Both boring AND an eyesore... developers should be required to do better than the greedy bare minimum when they have intact heritage fabric on almost all sides of their site.

7 St Thomas enhances its neighbourhood. A clunky embodiment of developer greed & indifference (like this POS), can only overwhelm & destroys its neighbourhood. Toronto has enough of this generic junkspace already.

It is indeed, crap.

Both boring AND an eyesore... developers should be required to do better than the greedy bare minimum when they have intact heritage fabric on almost all sides of their site.

7 St Thomas enhances its neighbourhood. A clunky embodiment of developer greed & indifference (like this POS), can only overwhelm & destroys its neighbourhood. Toronto has enough of this generic junkspace already.

This gives intensification a bad rep.

AoD

Newer renderings from 65KingEast.com

Looks like WZMH are involved too.

Building-Image-1a.png

Building-Image-2.png

Building-image-3_new.png

Last edited:
There's a bit of negativity in this thread about this project but I don't see it. The street level looks good to me. The tower is nothing special but considering the height and location it won't really be seen. It's basically blocked on all sides. Maybe from Berczy Park but even there it will barely register.

Newer renderings from 65KingEast.com

Looks like WZMH are involved too.

Grand.

There's a bit of negativity in this thread about this project but I don't see it. The street level looks good to me. The tower is nothing special but considering the height and location it won't really be seen. It's basically blocked on all sides. Maybe from Berczy Park but even there it will barely register.

I'd say there's a lot of *well-deserved* negativity in this thread. Carterra is just constructing space here. 18 storeys of space. Nothing interesting, nothing remarkable, nothing...at all really. Just space.

I'm not saying that everything has to do backflips, but for a city which nauseatingly continues to tout its 'world class-ness', we should be trying harder than this.

Back