Toronto 629 King Residences (was Thompson Residences) | 53.34m | 15s | Freed | Saucier + Perrotte

Interesting graphic! What's that little hypothetical on Portland St. between Adelaide and King?

This is the future of Freedville. Notice how the Core version of 621 King is massive. It is showing it at T/O Mechanical Roof: 44.4m, T/O Roof: 38.4m.

Now, this building is not at the intersection, so it can not get these heights. Impossible. The massing on King St. itself is also a joke.
Thanks SpadinaBus.
Yeah, 621 looks like the Wynn hotel in this pic.

Wow, I really hope it doesn't end up that tall and blocky. Really, really hope. A moderate amount of sunshine on the sidewalk would be a good thing.

Speaking about lack of sunshine, take a look at the block where 455 Adelaide, 544 King and 560 King are proposed to go. That's one tight crush of buildings. And that doesn't even included the potential development by Great Gulf on the corner of King and Brant.

Speaking about lack of sunshine, take a look at the block where 455 Adelaide, 544 King and 560 King are proposed to go. That's one tight crush of buildings. And that doesn't even included the potential development by Great Gulf on the corner of King and Brant.

What Great Gulf development would this be ?...Any info on that ?

It's listed on Adam Vaughan's website. There are no specific plans that I know of.

It's the parcel of land where the Pizza Pizza and the Grand and Toy presently are located.

Knowing Adam Vaughn's "vision" if you wanna call it that, I'm guessing that land will be developed into some sort of 3 bedroom condos or something to do with family! It's absurd !

Why is that absurd? What can possibly be absurd about families living downtown?

And just to remind you, the land is owned by a developer, and not owned by Vaughan.

Aren't most of these units investor sized? Not sure about them families.

Knowing Adam Vaughn's "vision" if you wanna call it that, I'm guessing that land will be developed into some sort of 3 bedroom condos or something to do with family! It's absurd !

Yeah, it's absurd to expect families to live downtown.

I, for one, am looking forward to the tumbleweed and boarded street windows when all the young single professionals leave this neighbourhood of studio / 1 bedroom apartments for large homes in the suburbs to start families.

does that mean you will leave the city core and condo living when you have a family?

what other options do you propose ?

Noticed some demolition equipment in the parking lot this morning on the way by the site - a big excavator with the pincer thing. Looks like the hotel will be taken down fairly quickly?

Back