Toronto 629 King Residences (was Thompson Residences) | 53.34m | 15s | Freed | Saucier + Perrotte

Recent photo

4223998179_bcf304f3f3_b.jpg

It is going to be neat to see a full elevation of 550 Wellington from King St. W in a few weeks. That photo from Red Mars gives you a hint. Hopefully the sales centre won't be built too quickly, but I suspect it will be guns a blazing for the Feb/Mar launch.

nonetheless there will always be someone on this forum who anonymously will find something negative to say... i lost my trust in this forum.

The internet may not be the medium for you, Yossi. ;)

When I see the inside of all the Travelodge rooms as the exterior is torn away, I can't help but muse about the things that must have gone on between those walls. It makes me smile and shudder at the same time.

Community Meeting Announcement

From Adam Vaughan's office tonight:

Wellington Place Planning Meeting

Date: Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Time: 6:30 – 8:30 pm

There will be presentations about the following projects:

- 67 Portland Street (at Wellington St W)
- 621 King St W (east of Bathurst Street, Travelodge Hotel site)

I'm always amazed by the delicate moves that the operators can execute in those excavators during such a demolition.

Plans are now circulating around town about the project. It definitely is S+P from Montreal as the architects. There will be two buildings, both at 39.5m plus mechanical.
The King street building will hold the Mondrian Hotel. The lobby will be up via escalator on the second floor. Condos will start on the 8th floor. There is space for a restaurant and retail on the main floor. The Stewart building will be all condos. There is a courtyard of green space between the two buildings.
The best news is a pedestrian alleyway through the heart of it to match up with 550 Wellington.
I am told that the architecture is a mix of the Cube and a mild version of the Gansevort project on Adelaide.
Mr. Bus

I am speechless... that sounds amazing. And good to hear there is a mid-block pedestrian passageway/walkway.

Saucier+Perrotte, glass cubist design.... yum.

Plans are now circulating around town about the project. It definitely is S+P from Montreal as the architects. There will be two buildings, both at 39.5m plus mechanical.
The King street building will hold the Mondrian Hotel. The lobby will be up via escalator on the second floor. Condos will start on the 8th floor. There is space for a restaurant and retail on the main floor. The Stewart building will be all condos. There is a courtyard of green space between the two buildings.
The best news is a pedestrian alleyway through the heart of it to match up with 550 Wellington.
I am told that the architecture is a mix of the Cube and a mild version of the Gansevort project on Adelaide.
Mr. Bus

It might be asking for information that you don't have yet, but since the lobby of the hotel is to be on the second floor, does that mean that there will be some retail space below on the street level? If that turns out to be so, that would be a nice addition to King Street.

It might be asking for information that you don't have yet, but since the lobby of the hotel is to be on the second floor, does that mean that there will be some retail space below on the street level? If that turns out to be so, that would be a nice addition to King Street.

Yes, there is a retail and a restaurant space on King. I saw one rendering of the King St streetscape today and I can safely say that it will be the best between Bathurst and Spadina on King. Good job by S+P.

Back