Toronto 629 King Residences (was Thompson Residences) | 53.34m | 15s | Freed | Saucier + Perrotte

20150219_181903.jpg

Cladding started on 38 Steward

Attachments

• 20150219_181903.jpg
    20150219_181903.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,755
This reminds me of the material used on the TIFF building.

Pic take Mar 1, 2015

MDF9nYw.jpg

Attachments

• MDF9nYw.jpg
    MDF9nYw.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,414
The units directly beneath that huge carbuncle on the top, south exposure are going to be ridiculously dark a lot of the time.

Uh, no. When one faces south there is a lot of light, even if it's not direct light. If this was facing north this way, then yes it may be darker but not even ridiculously so.

Was referring to the large shadow being cast, regardless of exposure, by the extruding units above.

Yes, I understand. I just didn't think that they were sticking out so far to cut off all light and the unit to become ridiculously dark a lot of the time. By facing south there is generally a lot of light, either direct or indirect. The sun will come right into the unit in the winter for sure and in the summer the sun will be directly overhead. But still lots of light. If it was a unit facing another building in a narrow alley as is often the case in NYC, then yes it would be ridiculously dark a lot of the time. I just don't see it here with this exposure and with the condo units directly above and no building immediately in front that's all.

p.s. We do not own this unit although a Freed building would have been better than our Urban Capital one, in retrospect.

Fair enough. We won't contribute anymore. As long as the word is out there about these types of crappy developers then mission accomplished. Thanks a lot for allowing us to tell the truth :) Best

Back