Toronto 629 King Residences (was Thompson Residences) | 53.34m | 15s | Freed | Saucier + Perrotte

That rendering of the pool makes me want to vomit. A bunch of douchebags, getting drunk, partying like they're in a night club. I anticipate this will be a big problem just like it was and is at Thompson Hotel.

Actually, your sentences indirectly describe one of the problems in the area: douchebags getting drunk and vomiting on the sidewalks (and in parking lots, on cars, parks, building entrance ways, etc). ;) It's an occurrence every weekend.

That said, wasn't this hot tub originally marketed as being the largest rooftop infinity pool?

I havent followed this project much but have noticed while viewing the database for this building it mentions it being 11 and 15 stories. Yet there is no picture actually showing the entire building. All the renderings in the database just show closeups of the base of the building and one that only shows part way up. I happen to do a google search and think i found a rendering of the entire building and now get a better picture of this building because for a while i thought this building was one square block but its actually two square blocks. Im sure somewhere in this thread a photo of the entire building was posted but would be nice if the database was updated with one.

6wqe4yA.jpg

Glad to see that despite the shallower depth of the recesses that the pattern is still pronounced.

Glad to see that despite the shallower depth of the recesses that the pattern is still pronounced.

Is the depth of the recesses actually shallower than originally planned? It looks identical to the renderings to my eyes. The depths are supposed to increase on the higher levels and you can tell from the slits in the bare concrete on the higher floors that they will indeed.

That's because you are comparing to the renderings which show the as-built shallower recesses. The original plans (I'm sure the elevation drawings are out there in city documents) indicate deeper recessing/setbacks.

That's because you are comparing to the renderings which show the as-built shallower recesses. The original plans (I'm sure the elevation drawings are out there in city documents) indicate deeper recessing/setbacks.

Ah, I see. Thanks.

Well, I agree with I42. Still looks good!

As Ramako notes above, the recesses do get deeper as the building goes up (around the 9th floor it seems). Check p. 24 for the north elevation. We'll have to wait for the glazing to get to that point to see if this is actually the case.

Yes, some of the higher floors have a change in setback. But my point stands that the earlier plans for the project had a greater setbacks/recesses for its entire height than does the as-built project.

Yes, some of the higher floors have a change in setback. But my point stands that the earlier plans for the project had a greater setbacks/recesses for its entire height than does the as-built project.

I'm still not sure of this, do you have any proof? Everything I've seen, including their own initial visioning work, illustrates something closely resembling the as-built design.

4773873142_71b43f685d_b.jpg

In any case, it appears they are currently forming the longer boxes on the south side.

IMG_9907.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9907.jpg
    IMG_9907.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 973
Last edited:
I also can't find any old renderings showing the lower floors on the King frontage with deep recesses. There are renderings showing the Stewart side of the building with deep recesses on the lower floor, and these have already been built.

Back