Toronto 550 Wellington West and 1 Hotel | ?m | 15s | Freed | a—A

They clutter every damned picture I take. Between the ugly poles, electrical wires and streetcar wires, photographers don't stand a chance. Try taking a picture of the front of the AGO without clutter everywhere. It would look so much better without them.

Where does this little walkway go to? It's an intriguing feature-- I like it!

attachment.php

Interior Construction Update

Good News! I was driving by on my lunch and saw Poggenpohl boxes in the Units. It would appear that the Kitchens are being installed and the interiors are taking shape.

I think that walkway will be a mid-block path between Wellington and Stewart!. A connection between those streets to Victoria Park would be awesome! Hopefully it won't be gated.

I think that walkway will be a mid-block path between Wellington and Stewart!. A connection between those streets to Victoria Park would be awesome! Hopefully it won't be gated.

Thats exactly what it is. With Freed owning the travelodge land across Stewart, maybe the walk way will be extended all the way to King. Unrelated, check out the snap I took of the travelodge on the way into work yesterday. Looks like its about ready to shutter. Anyone interested in a used hotel bed?!

IMG00046-20090922-0746.jpg

A lot of clear glass panels are being installed today on the groud floor facing Wellington. It looks really nice. However, I am not sure why they are all clear, as per the renderings, they were to use the same color glass as the hotel.

It's not a heritage property. Although if they hadn't EIFS'd it in recent years, its Mad Men motel modernism might have made it worthy...

COMPLETELY ! ! !

this building is another example of mid-century modern that will be demolished ... just like the Bata HQ. :(

Thats exactly what it is. With Freed owning the travelodge land across Stewart, maybe the walk way will be extended all the way to King. Unrelated, check out the snap I took of the travelodge on the way into work yesterday. Looks like its about ready to shutter. Anyone interested in a used hotel bed?!

IMG00046-20090922-0746.jpg

Ugh!!! :eek:

COMPLETELY ! ! !

this building is another example of mid-century modern that will be demolished ... just like the Bata HQ. :(

Oh C'mon! I appreciate the modernism before it got eff'd and the whole motor inn genre but not everything is fit for preservation. A cheap woodframed motel just doesn't belong on King West anymore. The relation to Bata is also pretty ridiculous. I can only hope I'm not alive when NY Towers gets its designation. The arthritic pain I can expect in my knuckles is already too much .

Back