20240307_172836.jpg

20240307_172843.jpg

20240307_173007.jpg

20240307_172924.jpg

Attachments

• 20240307_172848.jpg
    20240307_172848.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 7
The circular driveway seems unnecessary and anti-urban, and each of the towers could stand to have an additional 5 or 6 storeys, but aside from that, it is looking pretty good.

The circular driveway seems unnecessary and anti-urban, and each of the towers could stand to have an additional 5 or 6 storeys, but aside from that, it is looking pretty good.
That's not a driveway but the existing public road.

Yes as it seems to have two sections now around the subway stations and this is near the middle.

Definitely a good start to building out the final vision for the Etobicoke City Centre. There's still 3 (I think?) development blocks that need to be started and that will tie together the area between Kipling and Islington stations.

Ideally, when this one is built out, the city will realize that the heights are way too conservative and increase the heights of the next blocks that are yet to start.

Also, digging has progressed even further. Was driving by so couldn't take any pictures!

FYI - this will be one of the stops on the weekend during our "Transit-Oriented Affordable Housing Tour" with one of the Mississauga Mayoral by-election candidates, info is below -

REGISTER - https://www.alvintedjo.ca/housingtour

1715185559074.png

Funny enough, I shot this site this morning and had to educate an Ellis Don employee on the laws of public street photography. More on this, and some aerial photos, in the coming days.

Some shots from Wednesday. It was a rare weekday flight for me but I had to take the car in for service just south of Kipling station. It was windy with some very strong gusts and ordinarily I wouldn't have flown. In this case, I was really close to the site since I was on foot so I launched anyway. I could hear some chatter on a nearby radio but didn't pay any attention to it since I needed to concentrate on the flight.

I wasn't in the air very long when a construction worker came up to me. I told him to wait until I landed before engaging in conversation. He politely waited which I appreciated.

Once I landed he asked if i was from Ellis Don and I told him no. He said he "Had to check" If could fly there. I told him that I was in a public space (other side of the street) and absolutely could fly there. He was adamant he still "had to check with his management." I further told him, "I'm telling you, it is well within my right; there is nothing to check." During this exchange for some reason I got the impression that this was coming from Corporate somehow.

Not quite finished, he said "Well, don't my guys have to consent to have their picture taken?" I replied that photographs taken from 60 metres in altitude, they are not identifiable, so no."

I know Ellis Don is going to see this and this message is for them:
1. I'm not going to stop legally flying and photographing your construction projects.
2. You can't make me stop.
3. Please instruct all site managers to Stop harassing photographers legally shooting key infrastructure projects from public spaces!

I encourage all UT Photographers to shoot this project, and other Ellis Don projects under construction as much as possible.

Enjoy the photos!
1715346843604.jpeg

1715346862594.jpeg

1715346881039.jpeg

1715346897184.jpeg

Back