Toronto 500 Sherbourne | ?m | 34s | Times Group | Northgrave

Does anyone what the end result was for when the bricks fell here? Did the developer face fines? Was anyone charged? How are the cyclists who were injured? And what guarantees do citizens have from the city that this won't happen again? I can't find any info on this.

Does anyone what the end result was for when the bricks fell here? Did the developer face fines? Was anyone charged? How are the cyclists who were injured? And what guarantees do citizens have from the city that this won't happen again? I can't find any info on this.

MOL shut down the site temporarily for an investigation. I'm not sure what the outcome was, but there were almost certainly fines issued again the builder, general contractor and/or sub-trades.

From Yonge & Bloor:

3865641433_db10f5791c_b.jpg

pics Northwest and West

Shelfun, here 2 views from Northwest and West

Attachments

• Northwest.jpg
    Northwest.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 215
  • West view.jpg
    West view.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 208
Thank you very much Klaus. Excellent.

Jus curious, which unit did U take the North West view from?

That's a very decent looking building and a positive addition to the neighbourhood. Again, much better than Verve IMO. Thanks for the pics.

the windows are not floor to ceiling but still very nice and make the units very bright. These 2 pics were taken from the 31st floor, the second one showing the corner of Jarvis & Wellesley.

Attachments

• IMG_2551.jpg
    IMG_2551.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_2552.jpg
    IMG_2552.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 214
the windows are not floor to ceiling but still very nice and make the units very bright. These 2 pics were taken from the 31st floor, the second one showing the corner of Jarvis & Wellesley.

These pictures are so cool. Thank you so much for all the excellent pictures.

Just a preference but I much prefer those size windows versus the floor to ceiling variety.

You just think it looks better?

From an aesthetic point of view, floor to ceiling glass looks great from the street and from a distance when designed well and quality glass used (Radio City, Spire, Casa etc.), however impractical they may be. However from a practical point of view I prefer the size of windows such as are designed into 500 Sherbourne. Windows of this size help reduce energy costs, reduce noise levels from the outside (depending on location of course) and are less expensive to cover with curtains/blinds. If you look at buildings with floor to ceiling windows during the day 3/4 of the windows have blinds or curtains closed to keep the sunlight out which kind of defeats the purpose for a great part of the day. Floor to ceiling windows are cleaned from the exterior 2 or 3 times a year which leaves a lot of time with dirty floor to ceiling windows to look out. With smaller windows it's my opinion that's it's less obvious when they're dirty.
I guess it's just a preference and my way of looking at the two options.

From an aesthetic point of view, floor to ceiling glass looks great from the street and from a distance when designed well and quality glass used (Radio City, Spire, Casa etc.), however impractical they may be. However from a practical point of view I prefer the size of windows such as are designed into 500 Sherbourne. Windows of this size help reduce energy costs, reduce noise levels from the outside (depending on location of course) and are less expensive to cover with curtains/blinds. If you look at buildings with floor to ceiling windows during the day 3/4 of the windows have blinds or curtains closed to keep the sunlight out which kind of defeats the purpose for a great part of the day. Floor to ceiling windows are cleaned from the exterior 2 or 3 times a year which leaves a lot of time with dirty floor to ceiling windows to look out. With smaller windows it's my opinion that's it's less obvious when they're dirty.
I guess it's just a preference and my way of looking at the two options.

I was going to say the same thing. I really like these kind of windows.

For me, it feels easier to arrange furniture too. You just have more options.

Back