Toronto 461 Sheppard Avenue East | 144m | 44s | 461 Sheppard Ave E Properties | Graziani + Corazza

So how many developments are now planned on gas stations in North York? Bathurst and Finch, Bathurst and Wilson, Yonge and Chatsworth. Currently 2/3 are sitting dormant and Bathurst and Finch is still operating. I wonder how long the remediation time is for these gas stations?

Remediation isn’t as big a deal when building a condo since you usually have to excavate anyway. It saves you the cost of backfilling, basically.

It’s going to be interesting to see what happens to gas stations across the GTA in the next couple of decades as demand for gas declines. They’ll start to become a lot less common.

It’s going to be interesting to see what happens to gas stations across the GTA in the next couple of decades as demand for gas declines. They’ll start to become a lot less common.

The bulk of station profits for the franchise owner are in the convenience store. The moderately wealthy, the ones willing to pay those convenience store prices on a regular basis, are also the first to switch to EVs (they simply buy cars regularly).

Chocolate bar sales don't need to slow by much to make redevelopment appealing for locations with high land values.

The bulk of station profits for the franchise owner are in the convenience store. The moderately wealthy, the ones willing to pay those convenience store prices on a regular basis, are also the first to switch to EVs (they simply buy cars regularly).

Chocolate bar sales don't need to slow by much to make redevelopment appealing for locations with high land values.
Indeed but those sales are driven by traffic going to get gas. They’ll be far less likely to stop if they don’t need fuel.

@Paclo this one went up 1s and a few M in height vs the title.

From the above:

1710860275143.png

* new Arch. Plans dated February 29, 2024.

Comments: The abysmal streetscape plan remains, and Planning was wrong to accept it. Period, full stop. Bad enough the area might end up saddled with a G+C building, no need to rub salt in the wound.

Indeed but those sales are driven by traffic going to get gas. They’ll be far less likely to stop if they don’t need fuel.

That's what I meant when I noted the frequent convenience customer is also one of the first to switch to EVs.

That whole SW corner with all the SFH's should be upsized.

In theory, I agree.

Though, the area roads, particularly Bayview at 401 are at or over capacity at peak.

Yes, there's a subway station there, but this is not yet a walkable or bikable area to most, and more cars will happen.

There's a real need here, as elsewhere for City building done in complete paragraphs or sentences at the very least.

A new crossing of the 401 is needed to take strain off Bayview, so that you can accommodate greater density.

Likewise, Willowdale station needs to be built.

Ideally in that corner, you would punch a new opening to Bayvew, but w/the interchange so close, I don't think its feasible, at least not without a radical redesign of the current interchange.

Back