Toronto 461 Sheppard Avenue East | 144m | 44s | 461 Sheppard Ave E Properties | Graziani + Corazza

WislaHD

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
1615240199500.png

The Esso and Circle K at the corner of Sheppard and Bayview was listed for sale on Cushman Wakefield's website. As per the broker brochure:

1615240297883.png

Conceptual density and massing from brochure marketing material:

1615240221364.png

Pier 27 is that you? Looks much nicer than the 500 Shep West rendering across the street. Though I would bump the height another 5-10 floors.

These two proposals suggest to me the YMCA will get a dev proposal soon.

Shame the Arc building wasn't integrated with the NE Bayview Station entrance.

Rendering for 500 Sheppard East is based on approvals. This site has no approvals - so buyer beware! I seriously doubt anything close to this rendering will ever be allowed on this site,... especially since there are single residential houses southwest of site - this site will likely have 45 degree Terrance system to minimize shadowing to the single residential houses and thus be significantly shorter than rendering

Site is now Canderel's by the looks of it.

They have registered to lobby on development of it.

This one is now public in the AIC.

Bit more than the 22s previously guessed at.........

They are asking 43s.

We will have to summon one of North York's most influential citizens @sunnyraytoronto to have this denied. That doesn't really have anything to do with the height..........it has everything to do with Graziani + Corazza being the architect.

From the above:

Site Plan:

Note that there are no renders included in the App, only these massing drawings. Did G+C really feel like this would exempt them from a thorough shaming?

1702778118720.png

1702778151663.png

1702778006281.png

Ground Floor Plan:

1702778389910.png

1702777965970.png

Floor Plate: 750m2

Parking Ratio: 0.23

Elevator Ratio: 5 elevators / 526 units = 0.95 elevators per 100 units

Further Comments:

The streetscape design along Sheppard is abysmal. Few trees, inadequate width, no material buffer between pedestrian flow and traffic.

No trees at all on Bayview. Ack!

Elevator ratio is ok'ish; parking ratio could be tighter but not terrible here.

Height precedent: 500 Sheppard across the way has the greenlight for 41s; in that context 43 seems quite attainable.

For a potentially prominent building and site, its a pity I have no faith in the proponent or the architect to deliver on that potential.

@Paclo must be notifed of the app.

Which should also be flagged to @HousingNowTO for being a large build sitting right on top of a subway station, ideal for some affordable housing.

Last edited:
OK, following --- but they'll need to relax that 750 m2 Floorplate to make any of the units "affordable" - and get rid of the Balconies.

Unfortunately, that looks difficult on that current parcel unless they acquire the lands / low-rise buildings to the west along Sheppard...

1702783901657.png

OK, following --- but they'll need to relax that 750 m2 Floorplate to make any of the units "affordable" - and get rid of the Balconies.

Given that they have to allow for future tall buildings on adjacent sites, there really isn't much room, to grow the floor plate, err, they could wrestle it up to 850'ish.........but the streetscape deficiencies above may already be the result of them trying to shoehorn here.......

Unfortunately, that looks difficult on that current parcel unless they acquire the lands / low-rise buildings to the west along Sheppard...

Completely agree, some additional room would help this site in terms both economic viability and constructability.

Last edited:
I don't quite understand the car access. It seems that the only entrance is south on Bayview. So someone getting out of the 401 West.. has no access without doing a U-turn at Sheppard?

What about someone exiting the condo, they can only go to Bayview south?

I've downloaded the Transportation Impact Study and it doesn't seem to be adressed, or I don't understand it.

G+C buildings would be 50% better if they did 50% less. They just love to fill their facades with useless nonsense "design".

Reactions: xy3

Back