Toronto 405 Eastern Avenue | 22.98m | 3s | Enbridge | WalterFedy

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score

405 EASTERN AVE
Ward 14 - Tor & E.York District

Proposal to demolish the existing 670m2 Enbridge operations building and construct a new 1,657m2 single storey warehouse/muster/office space facility adjacent to Eastern Avenue. Below-grade parking is proposed, and accesses as well as the existing rear operations yard will be re-organized and re-paved. The natural gas gate station onsite will remain unchanged. A future phase, also contemplated in this submission, would add two additional floors of office space atop the new facility.

1577664603654.png

1577664628539.png

1577664648979.png

Yup, that's a downgrade.

It's certainly not thrilling but it's still better than what's currently there. It has clean lines, at any rate. But why not build it all together, rather than wait for a possible vertical addition, sometime down the road?

It's certainly not thrilling but it's still better than what's currently there. It has clean lines, at any rate. But why not build it all together, rather than wait for a possible vertical addition, sometime down the road?
Maybe they realise that they will not need as much office space with WFH?

Yeah, sounds plausible. I guess it's fine to engineer the initial phase so that it can take more floors down the road. I suppose it just reflects the general uncertainty of the current office market.

Not a great shot as it was an accidental capture on my May 21st visit to the Port lands
1685104337227.jpeg

this is what we are allowing to get built adjacent to what will soon be a massive transit hub. where is the height? where is the density? what a failure!

Back